Elsewhere…

Espio landed roughly on Angel Island holding his side in pain, the aches were getting worse. Silas told him to take it easy so he had to be careful. Knuckles was quick to help him to his feet, "Are you sure about this?" Espio asked, pointing to himself. Knuckles could only nod wrapping his arms around the chameleon who welcomed the hug. "Hey! Guys we have more important things to deal with!" Dash shouted beside them, earning their attention. Knuckles only chuckled gesturing for Dash to climb aboard, the little hedgehog did knowing the guardian would be making an awesome entrance again. Espio ignored their gesture and decided he would take another root as he freaked them out as he jumped off the side of the cliff. 

Out in the distance was Dr Eggman attacking with both Infinite, Doom and Eclipse at his side. The four worked in sync to catch any flicky’s and mobians to help aid their conquest. The black Arms were tearing down homes in search of the white hedgehog known as Silver who was remaining in hiding. 

Rouge battled beside Omega protecting Silver from the onslaught of robots and aliens heading their way. A flash in the sky alerted them all to the comet which appeared again signalling Eclipse had arrived with more aliens. 

"Dammit! Anyone got a plan?!" Vector yelled covering Charmy and Vector Junior a.k.a. VJ. The two younger ones were protecting the fox twins and Vanilla who were hiding in a nearby house with other mobians. They were in the underground section. 

"Keep fighting!" Amy yelled, swinging her hammer and double teaming with Blaze who used any energy she had. 

"What about the chaos emeralds! Can we not use them?" Cream shouted over the fighting.

"We only have six, remember, the seventh Shadow has. Wherever that grumpy hedgehog is, he better hurry up!" Rouge exclaimed, kicking the robots away which only seemed to multiply. Dr Eggman chuckled above avoiding chaos spears from Shade who was getting weaker. Violet pulled her back, "Guys! This is useless, let me hand myself over!" Silver cried out only to be slapped by Tails who shook his head, "Silver we are dead either way!" Blaze shouted, slapping her boyfriend who frowned at her.

Amy gasped when her daughter made herself known. The pink hedgehog with blue stripes in her hair ran with all her might slamming her own weapon into the robots knocking them faraway. 

"Rose! What the hell are you doing here?!" Amy cried out as her daughter stopped beside her, "You are meant to be with your uncle…"

A booming sound in front of them all made them gasp as two individuals dropped from the sky and a green wave slammed into the ground knocking many of them off their feet. All eyes turned to see Knuckles had landed with a smirk on his face as he made his way to the trapped freedom fighters.

"I heard you called for backup" Knuckles said, "How?" Rouge was interrupted by a young speedster appearing beside them all followed by explosions. "Miss me?" Dash yelped as he was lifted off his feet by a worried Shade who continued to scold him.

"Ha ha ha! You think you can stop me, I mean us! Soon Emerald Hills will be destroyed and you will all work for the Eggman Empire!" Dr Eggman shouted as Doom forced his fighters forward. Infinite watched with a smile as he floated in the air, his eyes trying to find the one who he had to kill to win. Eclipse smirked from his place beside his father, they were going to do it. 

Dr Eggman unleashed hundreds of missiles on the unexpecting mobians who frowned, wondering how they would survive this. 

"Find cover!" Knuckles commanded.

"What cover! It's all gone! And if you didn't realise, some of us can't survive that!" Amy yelled, pulling Rose behind her as Shade copied her actions with her siblings and Violet.