The Girl Who's Still Longing For The Past

00.

It was the 5th of September when the Mitchells moved to their new house at Virginia. It was known for a fact that the Mitchells could afford moving to any house that they would like. They moved from Manhattan to LA to New Jersey and even to Canada. All of these were just because they got tired of their old houses. But this time, it was different.

Lacey Mitchell, a woman in her 40s, wiped her tears away while they were traveling the way to their new house. She was carrying a jar that she holds tightly, making sure that it won’t fall. Whatever’s inside the jar is yet unknown to the public but seemed very special to Lacey. 

Her husband, George, stopped arguing with person he’s talking to in his cellphone and faced his wife after seeing her crying.

“Lacey, what’s wrong?” He asked while holding Lacey’s hand.

“Nothing. I just miss her. That’s all.” Tears started rolling down her face again. George Mitchell then placed his arm around Lacey and moved her close to him.

“I never thought she’d leave us this way. I thought she was happy with the way we live.”

“Lacey, calm down. Do you think Brooke would be happy if she sees us this way? We need to be strong for her.”

With those words coming from a man known for being strict and bossy, Lacey realized that George is still affected with what happened to their daughter Brooke. Even if he seemed to be strong and tough, George Mitchell is hurting from the inside. 

He misses Brooke as much as Lacey does.

A year has passed since that incident with Brooke happened. But until now, it’s still a puzzle why that thing happened to her. Of all people, it was not expected to be done by someone like Brooke.

Past neighbors, friends, relatives and Brooke’s own family are boggled on why Brooke did that. How could she take away her life in just a snap? Until now, everyone who’s close to Brooke misses her. They miss the way she smiles, the way she laughs and even the way her tears fall everytime she cries. But now, they can’t see those anymore for she is gone forever.

Yes, it’s been a year since Brooke Mitchell died.

It’s been a year since she committed suicide.