Chapter 29: Partner in Crime

Song of the Chapter: Hotline Bling Remix - Charlie Puth x Kehlani

Multimedia/Photo of Jada x Ace

Jada

"Hi, is there something I can help you with?" I answered the door to Ace's house without looking through the peep hole, to be faced with 1 police man and someone else that looked like an investigator.

"We are looking for Rashawn Micheals?"

"He is out at the moment" I smiled coming out and closing the door behind me.

"Are you sure" the investigator asked.

"Yes"

"Mam, I hope you know it's a federal offence to lie to a police officer" he retorted.

"But you are not a police officer and like I said he's not home."

"Any idea when he will be back?" The police officer asked regaining my attention as the investigator just looked around.

"No, I wouldn't know, what is this concerning?" I asked crossing my arms.

"We have some questions to ask Mr. Michael's in regards to-"

"Are you Mrs.Michael's?" The investigator asked cutting off the police officer from saying more.

"Yes" I quickly responded hoping to get an answer to my questions.

"We have some questions about the Brothers that's raided your home a while back and their sudden disappearance"

"What do you mean, you haven't found them yet?"

"Well, mam we are doing everything-"

"So those crazed brothers are still running around the streets of Philly?" I asked looking between them.

"Well we have reason to believe they are dead-even murdered maybe"

"What? So why do you need to question my husband" I said acting surprised to hear this, when I catch Ace I swear.

"I'm sorry this is something we need to discuss with Mr. Michaels" the investigator spoke up.

"We will be in touch, good evening" the policeman said as they both left and I went back in.

"Looking for me?" I heard Rashaun say as he stepped out of the bathroom into the room as he noticed me storm in.

"Rashaun .."I glared warning him this was not the time.

"Who was at the door anyways?" He asked walking into his closet where I wasn't able to hear what he said next. "Don't tell me it was-"

"Was who?" I said trailing behind him into the closet. "Wait, never mind it was the Police and some investigator"

"Police? Brown hair, about 5'9 and a female investigator? Dark-skin, straight hair, cheek-?" He looked at my unimpressed face. "If it was them then it's nothing.

"How about it wasn't your police friends. It was a grown ass male investigator with a pot belly and coffee breath, and a police man that looked like it was his first day on the job. "I corrected him as I watched him pick out one of his tailored suits, and I knew that meant he was dealing with some big people today.

"What?!" He suddenly turned to me giving me his undivided attention. "What did they say?"

"They wanted to question you about the disappearance of the brothers that raided my house...but I'm sure we both know they are pretty much dead!"