10-near death!

The following day Ray woke up feeling fully recovered from yesterday's battle. His mood was light as he was close to reaching his goal to becoming human.

The spider did not waste time and carried on his journey. The spider did not encounter any opponents on the way for a full week and it was getting frustrated because any monster would run away from him before he could corner it.

But Ray also understood that beasts that could not withstand his aura would not be of much help to him so his mood did not drop further.

A few moments later Ray noticed that his surroundings began to change. The trees began to become more lush and more colourful than the ones on he encountered on the way and it was by then he heard a sound he could know anywhere.

In his past life Ray loved animals and in addition he also loved nature it's self. He loved the sea and oceans but was greatly terrified of them as they were so wide and oh so greatly deep.

But the rivers, springs,lakes , ponds and waterfalls he absolutely adored. He especially loved waterfalls best especially the ones who would form rainbows when the water droplets meet the sun's rays . To him it was a magical scene.

And here at this moment he hears the sound of falling water which is loud in his ears with his enhanced sensitive hearing. Without much thought he rushes over to the sound.

Once he passed by a few trees he discoverers a beautiful scenery. Pure clear water falls from a hill and flows into a river that goes deep into the forest. The water is crystal clear and smells refreshing. Upon closer inspection with his keen eyes he notices that the water is special.

Holy spring water
Water that contains pure spiritual energy and small amount of heavenly energy. It helps creatures dispel impurities in their bodies like curses and certain poisons. The water also repels dark energy or maesma.

When Ray learnt of this he was shocked however he also knows that this world also contains maesma which corrupts living beings. He knows that parts of this forest is corrupted with maesma and it is dangerous. He concluded that the reason why the maesma has not spread the whole forest is because of this water and river .

After watching the water for a while he decides to taste the water. The little spider takes a gulp of the water and pauses after swallowing. Ray's eyes were shining because the water tastes amazing,so without hesitation he drinks his full .

After drinking he activated his inate spirit water body and swam across the rivers. Upon crossing he does not notice the water glowing slightly and getting absorbed by his body . Ray reached the other side and deactivated his skill however when he was about to move his body radiated a pure white light with a hint of gold. His body shines brightly and black gases are released by his body. Several moments later the light subsides and a ping rang in his head. Ray checked his status panel and is shocked.

Name : Ray
Species name : poison crystal fur giant white spider ♂️
Level : 25
Health : 14980
Rank : magical beasts
Affinity : poison/water/ice/mist/light
Beast skill : keen eyes, crunch, accelerate, self heal (Lv8), sonic screach, poison mastery,web mastery, telepathy

Inate skills: poison immunity, pain resistance (Lv9), inate spirit water body,inate crystal body,size shift,holy light protection

Spells: water ball, vapor shield, mist void,water bend, icicle spear,ice shot, purification

Holy light protection
An inate skill that is extremely rare which helps repel dark negative energy. Creatures become immune to dark energy and curses.

Purification
A light based spell which when casted helps remove curses and negative energy from target.

Ray's level decreased but he did not feel weaker,he thought it must have been because of the extraction of impurities from his body.

"It turns out I gained two new powerful skills by just drinking water from a river,how lucky am I" Ray thought. And with that he continues forward. After a while he comes across a huge cliff valley and this cliff valley is devoid of vegetation.

Ray did not think much of it and decided to cross the valley however when he was crossing he notices that the cliff has a huge opening,a cave so he stopped and observed.

All of a sudden s terrifying breath is released from the cave. Mortal beasts cannot release aura like magical beasts however powerful ones tend to release a breath that is similar to aura. So when Ray felt the breath he became cautious when he suddenly heard a ferocious roar which caused his mind to hurt. "A mental attack"he concluded in his head. A huge terrifying beast emerges from the cave and Ray used his keen eyes to identify it.

Species name : steel blade giant mantis ♂️
Level : 46
Health : 45780
Rank : mortal beast
Affinity: metal/sound
Description: a giant mantis which is known for its roar which causes mental damage to stun it's prey. It has sharp steel blades and a very hard body. It's extremely territorial and would attack foreign beings on it's territory.

 It's extremely territorial and would attack foreign beings on it's territory

"Shit, shit, shit, I'm definitely fucked this time", Ray muttered swears one after another. Ray rarely curses and when he does it shows he is in a panic mode.

"How do I fight a beast that is twice as powerful as me" Ray mutters as he watches the six meters huge beast in sight. With another roar the beast rushed at extremely great speed towards Ray. It was very fast and by the time he realized it was coming at him it was already a few meters from him.

With that he hastly activated his acceleration skill and with lightning speed he rushed away from the monster. With his skill he created some distance and he almost released a sigh of relief, unfortunately the mantis's body released a faint green light and it's speed increased.

Ray became more panicked because the mantis wa gaining on him , in no time the mantis was behind him and swiped it's blade .

Fuck

Ray dodged it but the mantis swiped another and another and another. He continued to swear more in his head when he was close to being slashed.

Fuck

'Swish~'

Fuck

'Swish ~'

Shit

'Slash~'

Blue blood sprayed in the air.