Chapter 5

Two chapters in one day! Man I am awesome! lol this one is a little bit short, but we can' forget this one character that needs to be in Lacey's werewolf life, too. Enjoy! Comment, vote, like, etc. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 5-

I almost groaned as I woke up. My eyes felt swollen and my nose ached, but I remained quite and still. Why? Because I was asleep on something hard. Not my bed and definitely not my plush carpet next to it. I thought about the possibilities and I stiffened when last night's events flooded my mind.

'Well, good morning there, Lacey.' His voice echoed in my mind. Tingles ran through my body as I took in his voice like it was a drug. What the heck? Where did that reaction come from? I tried to reign in my smile that had somehow found its way onto my face and was hurting my cheeks. I lifted my head slowly, and saw that I had my head on his chest, and he was smiling down at me sweetly. I grinned back and became very aware that his arms were wrapped around my waist. Clearing my throat, I gazed into the familiar eyes that I were my haven of comfort.

'Well, I'm starving. You want breakfast?' I asked casually. 'Oh, you'll have to be a wolf. I'd rather not explain this to my family right now.' I giggled when he pouted. His face remained in all of its gorgeous glory, and the pout tugged at my heart, even though I only knew that it was a joke.

'Fine.' He grumbled as he lifted me into a sitting position and started stripping. I look away, blushing, as I figured out what he was doing. When I felt fur brush against my leg, I looked down to see the old, wolf Jack looking at me with amusement glittering in his eyes. I knew that my blue-gray eyes would never match to his beautiful, forest-green ones. 'Nonsense! You're eyes are amazing. I love them!' He said, making my blush deepen. He groaned and began to trot to the door. 'Can we go eat before I-' He never finished that sentence because at that exact second, Paul almost broke down my door screaming, "You're a vampire!", with a deadly serious expression on his face.

Tears streamed from my eyes seconds later as I rolled on the floor laughing. His frown only intensified it, making my sides ache so hard, that I laughed even harder. After a good ten minutes of guffawing, his expression grew darker. "What? I spent all of yesterday on that, and you're laughing about it?"

"S-sorry. It's just that," I paused to giggle a little more, "That's the strangest explanation ever. I mean-" I stopped when I realized that I was about to say that vampires don't exist, but werewolves aren't supposed to exist either. I turned to Jack and asked silently, 'Will I ever be able to tell him?'

Instead of answering my question, Jack walked back to the spare clothes on the floor, and changed into a human. After making sure that he put the clothes on, I turned carefully to gauge Paul's reaction. His eyes were wide and his jaw hung open.

"Holy crap! Jack!" He ran and tackled Jack in a hug. I was sure that my eyebrow passed my hairline as my shock echoed through Jack's mind at Paul's reaction, '!!!!!!!!!!!?' Jack turned to me a smiled a sheepish smile before Paul bombarded him with questions. "What the hell? Where have you been all of these years? Did you know how sad I was?"

Jack sighed and pulled away from Paul and walked towards me. "Well, as you can see, there's more to explain. But can we please do it while we're eating?" I nodded silently and pulled Paul down towards the kitchen, leaving Jack to his own thoughts in my room. After making bacon and sausage along with pancakes, some covered with blueberries and others strawberries, and three glasses of OJ, I trekked back to my room.