Chapter 5

What. The. Actual. Hell. So many thoughts swarmed my head like a swarm of killer wasps. There is no way that this is who the voice is. Am I going crazy? A giant fucking octopus-looking skeleton is the source of my intrusive thoughts? I squint my eyes hard. I must be sleeping. I convince myself that's what is happening.

"No greeting back?" He chuckles and glares at me with his one eye. As he continues, "you surely remember me."

I stand there feeling vulnerable. Even though this is a dream, it all feels so weird. I want to run, but I can't. That's because of the bonehead behind me. I chuckle at my joke.

The skeleton starts walking toward me. I have the urge to scream and run. He comes closer and looks me straight in the eyes. He's surprisingly short. I expected him to be taller. I smirk for a split second before remembering what he's done to me. I gulp and put my hands behind my back. I fidget with my fingers, waiting for him to say something.

"How would you like to stay? It's not a question since I won't let you say no." He chuckles and then shoves his hands into his pockets. I nod quickly and sigh. What'll happen to me? Can't get much worse I suppose. Death is inevitable anyways.

"I'll show you your room." He says this sternly and without his infamous grin. I put my hands in my pockets and follow him as he shows me the way to my room.

The entire house looks victorian except for bedrooms and other places. It was quite mesmerizing, to say the very least. I kept walking slowly, then I realized, why do I get a room? I'm just a lowly prisoner of his. I don't deserve a room. It's not like I'm one of the other skeletons that lived in this house. I keep thinking until I accidentally bump into the skeleton in front of me, the goopy one. He glares at me and I shudder.

He keeps walking, "this is your room. Don't expect anything else." I looked around and marveled at the huge room before my eyes. This is bigger than my entire apartment. This is ridiculous. I can't believe this is happening. I don't know how to feel. I know I should be scared but I'm also excited? I don't know what to do. I walk in and sit on the bed that was against the very back of the room. It was an elegant dark brown wood with silly laced sheets. The blanket was hand knitted. I look around at the other things in the room.

There was a short dresser that was very wide. It was painted to be black paint with purple accents. There was a tiny table next to the bed with a single drawer. It was made out of everyday steel. The sides were rounded probably to prevent any possible injuries. There was a desk on my left. It was a darker version of my favorite color. It had a cushioned chair and a pencil container. there was a fluffy rug in the very middle of the room. The room was boring but beautiful. I loved it.

The skeleton had left at this point, doing god knows what. I lay down and shut my eyes. I slowly drift to sleep slightly smiling.

After 10 minutes I hear loud screaming that woke me up from my slumber. I groan and sit up. I rub my eyes and stand up. I slowly walk over to my door and walk into the hallway. I walk slowly and carefully to make sure that I don't startle anyone. I keep my hands in my pockets.

When I get to the end of the hallway I see two skeletons arguing with each other. One with a black goop falling from its eyes. It also had a red target floating above its chest. The other skeleton was the hooded figure from before. They seemed to be arguing about the last slice of pizza or some shit. I make one more step and the floor creaks. They look over at me confused. I make eye contact with one of them and then look down.

I turn around to start walking away and mutter a quick, "Sorry." I get yanked by my hood by the target guy. I have a confused expression plastered across my face. He looks at me and puts out a hand.

"Do you not know how to greet a common peer?" He was obviously toying with me. I didn't really feel like talking but I didn't want to figure out what would happen if I didn't. I shake his hand and a sharp pain goes through my hand. I glance down at it and see a huge gash in the center of my palm. A river of blood streams down my hand. I sigh sharply. It hurts so much but it's nothing compared to death. I wipe it off on my hoodie leaving a huge stain on it.

The two looks at me confused until the short goopy skeleton walks in and notices the huge gash in my hand. He sends a glare to the other skeletons. Why does he care? Is it because he wants to make sure I'm still alive so he can toy with me? probably. I shrug and start walking to my room. I apply pressure to my hand as I walk. For the second time, I get stopped. This time it was the goopy one. I look at him.

"Give me your hand." He waits for me to reach out my hand or something. I just stare at him with a suspicious look. He notices and says, "I'm not going to do anything."

I ignore him and go to my room and shut the door. I lay back down on my bed and try to fall asleep. Except I can't. How wonderful. I groan and stare up at my ceiling. I lay there for hours just mindlessly staring. I finally stand up, wobbly. I walk out of my room and blindly walk down the hallway. I can barely see the walls and floors.

As I exit the hallway I notice talking nearby. I creep up and listen.