"Drop your weapon, it's not going to end well for you" the officer says. Unfortunately he tries to shoot the officer, but misses, and the second time the gun jambs. The officer takes the opportunity, and tackles the man to the ground, kicking the gun away, and putting the cuffs on him.

Just then a second officer walks through the door, and the first hands him the man who starts to read his Miranda rights. Mike walks out from the kitchen and asks if I am okay.

"I'm fine now" I say

"Thank god, I heard the man and called 911 right away" Mike says.

"That's good, luckily I was in the area and was able to get her quickly. I will need to interview you quickly but that can wait till tomorrow, it's late" the officer says.

"Thank you officer...?" Mike says

"Sergeant Rogers" he says shaking his hand

"I'm done cleaning, so I'm goi be to leave, you good Claire?" Mike asks already walking out the door.

"Yeah, totally go" I say. Before I can get back to closing, Rogers walks up to me.

"Do you need me to contact any parents?" He asks.

"No I live alone, I'm eighteen" I say a little too quickly.

"I've been a detective for five years and a sergeant for three, I know someone is lying" He says with concern on his face. "How old are you, why aren't you with your parents?"

"Seventeen, I ran away from my adoptive family, I can't go back" I say. It feels good to tell someone who I am.

"Why did you run away" Sergeant Rogers asks.

"I can't tell you" I say. He looks at me contemplating what to do next.

"Let me take you back to the station, run your name and DNA in the system and then we'll go from there" he says.

"Okay but I don't want to go into foster care, I'd rather file for emancipation" I say.

"Don't worry, I'll help you figure this out" he says as I start to follow him out

***

Sargent Rogers Point of View

As we walk into the police station I lead he over to my desk and let her sit down. Her name tag says Claire but if she ran away I'm not so sure, and I need a last name to go off of. I she ran away from her adoptive parents, an investigation into them is needed, especially if we can't find an biological family, we would need to get the adoptive parents to sign off on emancipation.

"Do you want any water?" I ask, she shakes her head.

"Alright, will you give me a name?" I ask, leaning down to her eye level.

"Elenora" she says, mumbling.

"That's a pretty name, and a last?" I ask. All I get is her head shaking, this is going no where.

"Alright, let me get our genetic specialist to come collect a sample from you and look into the database" I say to her before walking away.

I go fetch the specialist and lead her over to my desk. She takes out her kit and explains to a panicked looking Eleanora what is going on. After a collecting the sample she explains that it will take about two hours before going to get it tested.

"Like she said it's going to be a little bit for it to get processed, so what would you like to do while you wait?" I ask her.

"I don't think anything is going to come back, I've been in foster care since I've been a baby. Can I just read my book, I brought it with me?" She says as she holds up the book.

"Yeah of course" I say, about to walk away to go check on the robber that was brought in as well.

"Oh, that guy stole my necklace can you get it back to me?" She says.

"Oh yeah, do want to conduct your interview now?" I ask

"Yeah, I'll just tell you how it happened, it wasn't long before you arrived" she said

"Okay let's start" I say as I grab a pen and paper to get notes.

***

After the interview, Elenora went back to reading her book and I started on paperwork. A little before two hours our genetic specialist came and got me.

"Did you find a match?" I ask her once we are far enough a way from Elenora.

"Yes" she says

"Well who is it?" I ask impatiently, I don't want Elenora to sit in the police station all night.

"She was a match to for the Franco, she's their sister" she says quickly. Shit, she's my bosses' sister.

***

A/N

How was that chapter?

Are you ready to meet the Franco's aka the Italian mafia?

Don't forget to vote for the story if you enjoyed it!