Chapter 7 - Ascending

Start from the beginning

"Aren't you even the least bit excited?" Tyler pushed.

"Excited for what exactly?" Brielle responds finally looking up at him. "What exactly do I have to be excited for hmm?"

"Bri, I-I'm sorry I-I didn't mean it like-like that. It's just that, well for the past 3 years you haven't been letting loose. Your sole focus has only been on your Alpha duties, which don't get me wrong is great. The pack has improved a whole lot, but that's not all there is to life," Tyler explained.

"I'm sorry Ty, I didn't mean to get frustrated with you. I know what you're trying to say, but there is no room for fun in my life, not anymore. I need to make sure this pack is at it's best and everyone is prepared for anything."

"The pack is at it's best, you made sure of that. So just for today, can't you have a bit of fun and let loose?"

"I'm sorry, but I cannot. This day is pointless to me. Today I was suppose to become the official Alpha, but this day already happened for me, 3 years ago. I've had to bury both my parents in the span of 2 years, I can't afford to attend anymore funerals. So, no Tyler, I can't let loose, not even for a night. I will attend this event to please the pack for they worked hard on this party and have been looking forward to it, but I won't be staying long. I have loads of work I need to get done by the end of today, so can I please get back to it?"

"Yeah, okay. I'll see you at the party then," Tyler replied dejectedly as he left the office.

Brielle felt a small pang in her heart at the defeated look in her best friend and Beta's face, but it was very brief. She knew her pack wanted the high spirited and bubbly girl she used to be, but that girl died along with her parents. She shook off the sadness that was trying to creep into her stone heart, as she brought her focus back to the files before her. Her pack will have to get used to the new Brielle Lightwood. 

What she didn't know was that she would be going through more changes, but would they be good or bad? Let's continue and find out...

~  1 Hour Before the Big Party~

*Brielle's POV*

"Alpha, you have 1 hour to get ready for the party," Ruby, my most trusted Omega and assistant reminded me. 

"Yes, thank you Ruby. I just need to finish signing these documents and I'll go get ready."

"Yes, Alpha. I have laid out your dress on your bed," Ruby informed.

"Thank you. You may go get ready yourself. I'll be fine on my own."

"Thank you, Alpha," Ruby replied as she did a slight bow before leaving the office.

I finished signing the last documents I needed to send off to the elders. I made sure everything was set before retreating to my room to get ready for this stupid party.

'We shouldn't even be partying right now. There is much work to do,' Freya voiced.

'I know, but it would please our pack members if we make an appearance. We can't always avoid them.'

'They need to understand that as their Alpha we must put the pack duties before all else. We can't be caught by surprise. Ever.'

'Give them a break Freya. They have been supportive and understanding of the change in this pack. They lost people too you know.'

'I know that. I'm not saying we have to be rude or ignore them, but we can't afford to let our guard down, even for a night. We have yet to find the Rogue Alpha. We aren't even close. No matter how many rogues we hunt down, we still don't have a lead on him.'