Rise of the Cybermen

Start from the beginning

"She's got you. Both of you." She reminded the girls. "Those two haven't. All these different worlds, not one of them gets it right."

"Raelle! Rose!" The sister's head whipped round to see their mum calling their names, looking right at them. They shared a confused look. "There are my little girls! Come to mummy, come to mummy!" They look beside them to see two Yorkshire terriers running towards their mum. Raelle scoffed at the sight.

"We've been replaced... by dogs" She said bitterly, as she watched Jackie pick up both dogs.  She heard the Doctor laugh behind her, both sisters turning around to give him a massive glare.

"Sorry." He apologised, somewhat scared of them both.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

The Doctor had sneaked off into another room, leaving the two sisters to serve drinks alone.  Raelle and Rose watch Jackie laughing with the President, they both didn't realise Pete coming up to them.

"I remember her twenty first. Pint of cider in the George." He reminisced, gesturing to Jackie. The pair looked at the man wide eyed.

"Sorry." Rose stuttered. "Champagne?"

"Oh, might as well. I'm paying for it." He laugh, winking at Rose.

"It's a big night for you." Raelle laughed.

"For her." He looked over to his wife. "Still, she's happy."

"She should be. It's a great party." Raelle told him, smiling at the man.

"Do you think?" He asked unsure.

"You can trust me." Raelle told him, grinning.

"You can trust me on this." He corrected, laughing as he took a sip of champagne.

"That's it! So, how long have you two been married?" Rose asked.

"Twenty years."

"And no kids, or?" Rose asked, timidly.

"We kept putting it off. She said she didn't want to spoil her figure."

"It's not too late. She's only forty." Raelle retorted.

"Thirty nine." He corrected, winking. They both knew she wasn't.

"Oh, right. Thirty nine." She corrected herself, masking a smile.

Pete sighed. "It's still too late. I moved out last month, but we're going to keep it quiet." He told the pair. They both frowned. "You know, it's bad for business. Why am I telling you all this? We haven't met before, have we? I don't know, you just seem sort of-" He trailed off.

"What?" Rose asked him, desperate for him to recognise the pair.

"I don't know. Just sort of right." He replied. He blinked rapidly, looking behind the pair. "Stevie! How's things? How's it going at Torchwood?" He called after the man, leaving them. The pair looked at one another, sadden looks on their faces at the prospect their 'parents' weren't happy. Raelle can't believe she actually talked to her 'dad'. She took a deep breath, as other guests came up and talked to the pair.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

Raelle had gone outside, round the back, telling Rose she needed some fresh air. Tonight had been too much for her, too overwhelming. She sighed, looking around and spotting Jackie sat on a bench. She approached her, nervously fiddling with her fingers.

"Missis Tyler, is there anything I can get you?" She asked kindly to Jackie. Jackie looked up at the girl, smiling.

"The last twenty years back." She sighed.