Rise of the Cybermen

Start from the beginning

"They've got visitors." The Doctor observed.

Raelle nodded. "February the first. Mum's birthday. Even in a parallel universe, she still loves a party." She laughed halfheartedly, looking at the house.

"Well, given Pete Tyler's guest list, I wouldn't mind a look. And there is one guaranteed way of getting inside." He reached inside his pocket, pulling out the psychic paper.

"Psychic paper." Raelle laughed.

"Who do you want to be?" He asked her, waggling his eyebrows.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

Raelle, Rose and the Doctor carry trays of canapés and champagne for the guests scattered through the ground floor. This is really not what Raelle had in mind when they were posing as imposters.

Raelle huffed at the Doctor, smiling fakely at the guests around them. "We could have been anyone."

"Got us in, didn't it?" He smirked.

"You're in charge of the psychic paper. We could've been guests. Celebrities. Sir Doctor, Dame Rose." Rose rolled her eyes at the Doctor. "We end up serving. Did enough of this back home." She sighed.

"If you want to know what's going on, work in the kitchens. According to Lucy, that man over there" He pointed to a girl.

"Who's Lucy?" Raelle asked, trying to pick her out in the crowd.

"She's carrying the salmon pinwheels."

"Oh, that's Lucy, is it?" Rose retorted.

"Yeah. Lucy says, that is the President of Great Britain." He says, pointing to an older man.

"What, there's a President, not a Prime Minister?" Raelle asked, shocked.

"Seems so."

"Or maybe Lucy's just a bit thick." Rose added, glaring at the Doctor. A voice cleared on the staircase. They looked over to see Pete is standing on the staircase. Raelle stood there, her mouth hanging open in shock, as she saw her dad in the flesh.

"Excuse me!" He bellowed at the guests. "Thank you very much. Thank you if I could just have your attention, please?"

"Pete! Go on, Pete!" One of the guests cheered at him.

"Thank you very much!"

"It's about time you did some work." Another guest jeered.

"I thought you liked them young." Another added. Raelle frowned, looking over to see Rose looking the same as they watched.

"Um, I'd just like to say thank you to you all, for coming on this, this very special occasion. My wife's thirty ninth." He continued. "And so, without any further ado, here she is, the birthday girl. My lovely wife, Jackie Tyler." He gestured to the top of the stairs, as Jackie Tyler commenced down, making an entrance in a skin tight black dress. Everyone around them applauded.

"Now, I'm not giving a speech." She laughed at the guests, they laugh in response. "That's what my parties are famous for. No work, no politics, just a few good mates and plenty of black market whisky. Pardon me, Mister President. So, yeah, get on with it. Enjoy, enjoy." She told them.

The Doctor looked to see Raelle and Rose looking sadly at their 'parents'. "You can't stay. Even if there was some way of telling them." He warned the pair.

"Course I can't." Rose argued. "I've still got Mum at home. My real mum. I couldn't just leave her, could I. It's just, they've got each other. Mum's got no one." She replied sadly, Raelle took her hand.