"Well I need to get Matt's jacket anyways," He catches up to me, walking by my side like a bodyguard, a sweet and caring one that's very bad at their job.

The silence between us is filled with the chatter of the people around us. The noise was slowly fading away as we walked further into the parking lot, seeing the silhouettes of the cars all parked in two straight lines.

I bring the bottle to the edge of my lips, I swill down the liquid and Chris starts looking at me like I was a hurt puppy. "What?" I question, smacking the taste of the vodka on my tongue.

"That's not good for you," He mumbles, still looking at me with his creased eyebrows and worried eyes, scanning me like I was a science experiment gone wrong.

"Yeah, what else have I got to lose?" I smirk, taking another drink while Chris stops nexts to the car but I just continue towards the darkness.

Instead of asking or saying anything, he just follows me like a lost puppy. He stays by my side, through to the sidewalk and towards the edge of the beach. Our footsteps accompanied by the crunch of gravel below our feet and the occasional drag of Chris' shoes rolling over the concrete.

I stop, seeing the long road and picking out my phone, it's going to be a long ride to Los Angeles. I go to my contacts and see Z's name and smile, clicking on her number then putting the phone to my ear.

"Hello Ivy, good to know your heart is still beating."

"Hey Z, can you do me a solid and get me out of here?" I turn to Chris, seeing that he looks confused at my request to get the hell out of dodge.

"Of course my poised girl, I'll send Jack to pick you up."

"That's the thing, Jack is already with me but he's playing date night with some people right now." I explained, turning back to the road and begging every god I knew that she'd say yes.

"Okay, we always have Sam."

"Thank you so much Z, I owe you." I smile widely, hugging the bottle of alcohol against my chest as I get excited because I now have a night just for me.

"Anytime hot cakes, have a good night and I'll see you next week."

I bring the phone back down, hanging up and stuffing my phone into my pocket and just letting myself imagine all of the wonderful things I can do alone.

I could wander the streets of Hollywood and walk into a bar, maybe get shit faced and wobble back home. Or, I can go home then spend the night smoking and watching draining TV until I pass out.

"So, where are we going?"

I sigh, my eyes shutting as my giddiness runs out in seconds when I realize that I still have to get this adult baby away from me.

"I'm going to the city," I rotate towards him, seeing a childish smile on his face that makes him look like a cartoon character.

"Alone?" He chuckles, "I don't think so,"

"I can handle myself big boy, go back and join the circus." I roll my eyes, picking up the sound of gravel getting crushed under a heavy weight. "My ride's here, I gotta go."

I move my head towards the black SUV pulling up right in front of us, my legs carrying me towards the back door and opening it.

I slip inside and smile at the driver, "Hello Sam,"

"Well hello Ivy," He says back with the same sarcastic zing to his voice. His hands are gripping onto the steering wheel but he doesn't drive off like I expected him to do.