09 - Unexpectedly

To begin with, the group, well under cover, watched the building or much more tower directly in front of them to see if anything would stir there or nearby. But no. All quiet. At some point, though, Deadshot took too long, went out of cover and over to the tower where HVT-One was stuck. He didn't respond to Flag's request to come back, and as soon as he put his hand on the bar of the glass door, it shattered into a thousand pieces. Congratulations, that was unmistakable. With sneaking up and not attracting attention, it had just finished. Fa-bel-haft.

In the entrance hall, Jyn looked up, then around, and immediately went over to the computers of the reception desk. In front of the table with the monitors, she crouched down and tapped once on the keyboard. Hit.

"Hands off Blake," Flag warned and stood behind Jyn along with Deadshot, but she had long since begun tapping away at the keyboard, "Blake! Hands off."

"Now come on, slow down, huh? Do yoga. It's not good for your circulation," interrupted, Jyn continued typing, slid one of the monitors into place and then, rested her elbows on the tabletop where she apparently rested her chin in her hands, "Floor four I would avoid completely and the hallway, on eight. Otherwise everything looks....."

"Uh, we're having a bit of luck, huh?" quipped Bommerang, and Jyn glanced up at him with a sniffle, "Gonna be a walk. Easy Peasy."

"Don't make me shoot you," Deadshot warned him but Bommerang just started laughing at that.

"You like to talk, don't you?" asked Jyn, casually placing a knife on the table, "Shut up or your tongue will be off. After that, you'll only have it to look at in the canning jar."

"Harley!", Jyn suddenly heard Deadshot muffled roar, who had already moved on with Flag and Edwards' group.

"Go, go, go!" commanded Flag, and the boys charged up the stairs.

Impassively, Jyn looked over her shoulder and watched as Harley rode up in a glass elevator, still waving at them. Perfect. Without moving much, Jyn pulled the tracker out of her pocket, slid it apart, and plugged it into a USB port. For not even a fraction of a second, the screens went black and then showed the usual image of the surveillance cameras again. Flag had only said, hands off the keyboard, but he had said nothing about the computers. Perhaps Flag should get into the habit of paying attention to his wording. The wording was crucial. Bad luck.

"Where's Blake?" asked Flag uncertainly when he noticed that Jyn wasn't with him, as well as the rest of the squad, and immediately looked around, "Where. Is. DIE. Damn it?!"

"Might have had better things to do, or other plans," Edwards joked, but Flag looked at him completely aghast, because this was no laughing matter at all, nor any way to joke, "Come calm down. Then one of those critters just stopped her or killed her. If she doesn't come in five minutes, activate the transmitter."

"Don't you dare or come up with that idea. Got it? No. Ah ah, ne," pointing her finger threateningly at Flag, Jyn joined the two, folding her arms on Edward's shoulder and resting her chin on them, "Hopefully we really will get picked up, because the building has been almost completely taken over by those things. The same way out works. Only question is, how? Dead or alive."

"A second person of that ilk is all I need. You take her," because Jyn didn't know what Flag meant at first, she frowned and looked at him steadfastly, "Your team is missing a killer, GQ. I'm guessing she's more likely to listen to you. Blake?"

"He doesn't let the alpha male hang out like that, and he's not uptight like you are, too. You're so.... " but Jyn let it go and tapped her ring and middle fingers against her right temple, "It's okay. Deal."

For safety's sake, Jyn waited a moment before saying anything again and Flag was out of her radius.

"What did he mean by that?", Jyn turned to Edwards without taking her eyes off Flag, "He wasn't comparing me to Harley now, was he?"