05 - Flight

'If you refuse my order, you are dead. If you try to escape, you are dead. Should you annoy or irritate me in any way, guess what?..... You are dead.' What a speech. Complete enthusiasm. Don't. Now that there was silence, it slowly pieced together what Flag had told them before. That's the kind of people we like, that's the kind of thing we find sympathetic.

With the words 'Hear the voice of God,' Flag turned over a tablet in his hands so Jyn and the rest of the squad could get their instructions from a woman named Amanda Waller. It was to Midway City about a terrorist attack. There, someone with the code name HVT-One was to be rescued and taken to safety. High-value target Number one. The person with the highest priority. No matter what happens, only this one person counts. Everyone is allowed to die except this person, because he is not allowed to die. All of a sudden, which Jyn would never have expected, Deadshot raised his hand and asked exactly what Jyn thought he of all people should know, but no. What HVT-One actually means, he wanted to know, since not everyone might be familiar with these codes. That the others did not know, okay, understandable but he? So Waller explained it and in addition that it was the only person who was not allowed to be killed by them. Was. Hello-o?! The rest and also Waller's military troop was thus and according to their lecture, expendable. Wonderful. If the mission is successful, the prison sentence is reduced otherwise, in case of failure, the troop dies. Should something happen to Flag, also death. Warning. Constant observation. Waller supposedly sees everything. Of course, but let's leave it at that. To good luck Jyn could only say. Ba-da boom.

A military helicopter appeared on the horizon and came closer and closer, causing Jyn to raise her hand, shielding her eyes to see better. At some point, she added her second to keep the dusting sand from blowing into her eyes as the helicopter came in for a landing. Two teams. Alpha and Bravo. Bravo? Beta. You take Beta. Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon and so on..... Zeta. Until finally it ends with Omega and not Bravo. Bravo, what a crock of shit. God.

"Fear of flying?" scoffed Flag as Jyn didn't sit down but pressed her hand against the top of the helicopter and let her gaze wander, "Nightmare's scared. How ironic."

"Not really. The last plane of the same size, we crashed," Jyn replied matter-of-factly, Flag's laughter died and she sat down on the bench, looking out the window, "Didn't read the paper then? Oh that's right, it was just a tragic plane crash."

At the last minute, a girl with a mask and a samurai sword entered the plane. As Flag introduced them, it was his back-up named Katana. Perfect moment for Harley to make fun of Katana. How on earth had this woman managed to get a doctorate? She had to have been one away from a shot before to be on it like she was now after that Joker transformation. Anything else would be sheerly impossible. Oh, that's right. Psychology is a science in itself and is not recognized or regarded as a real science by many scientists.

"You said we earlier," Boomerang interrupted, the tense situation facing Jyn, "Who is we?"

"The one who taught me everything," Jyn answered him with a forced smile, looking at her wrist where a piece of a scar running up her forearm could be seen, "I was sent to the wrong people in the beginning, but, if I had never been there, I wouldn't have tried to find him. It always gets worse before it can get better. You just have to start seeing the positive in everything."

"Ah yes," obviously not understanding what Jyn was trying to say, Boomerang pointed to her wrist, "So, who is he?"

"The one who provides Gotham's rebirth," half-smiling, Jyn pushed back her sleeve, raised her arm in front of her face and showed the self-proclaimed captain, her forearm, "Before I came to him, I was with..... Humans. Humans yes but they were different. I was standing on a frozen lake, but one wrong step and the ice beneath me, gave way. It broke. It was too thin at this point. I tore my arm open in the process. I have met people who have experienced or had to go through far worse. I don't know what kind of bullshit we got into or got caught up in, but I'm sure it can't be worse than what any of us have already experienced."

A shot rang out and Jyn put her left hand on the wall of the plane and her right to her ear, which had a headset in it. One of the guys behind her wanted to say something, but she immediately raised her hand so that he would be quiet right away and she could understand what was happening below them. Not yet. Not yet.... Not. Very loyal for a hit man, she heard a strange man say. Wait, wait..... ab-was-ten.....maybe wondering why you shoot someone before throwing them out of an airplane, interjected a voice that must have been familiar to her. Now. With hand she circled in the air as a sign for takeoff. It could begin.

At the open cargo hatch, Jyn looked down into the depths where a second plane, half the size of hers, was flying. The government, that's what. Well, congratulations. You got yourselves caught. And what's the next step? asked the unknown male voice. A plane crash, Jyn whispered at the same time as the familiar voice did, explaining his intentions to the unknown man and knocking on the edge of the plane's wall. Four guys jumped out and hooked the plane under them, attached in four places. With no survivors. Smirking, she crouched down, rested her left arm on her thigh and dangled her hand. Immediately shots rang out, whereupon the plane was placed cockpit down, and pulled up behind them. So far, so good. What a view. You don't get to see one like that every day. Flying had always been the dream of mankind. Seconds later, the tail was blown off. From now on, the plane was only hanging on its hinges. Not for long. Not for long.

"You're a big boy, aren't you?" with these words Flag awakened something in Jyn and half jerked her back to the present.

"For you!" it escaped Jyn without having thought about it, causing everyone on the plane to now look at her, and her to now look around because she had been somewhere else entirely up until that point, "I'm sorry. With what you just said, a memory came back. Move on. Better think of a better plan than what you have so far, or stare at me now. Thanks."

Caught off guard by the sudden hail of bullets, Jyn turned to the window. There was nothing to see, however. Hastily, she went to the other side and looked out the window there. Also nothing. Suddenly the helicopter sank and crashed uncontrollably towards the ground. Faster than you might think, the helicopter hit the ground and rolled over several times. So this is how salmon feels when it has been processed into sushi.