A Short Note

We have two verses of the week this week, because they kind of complement each other. Both have to do with God establishing our plans. The first  verse, Proverbs 16:3, tells us to commit all that we do to God. If we do it, we commit it to God and do it for His glory, and He will establish those plans and lead us to success. If we try to do them in our own strength or for our own pleasure, it will fail, or at least not reach the standard we wanted. No matter what it is, commit it to God and He will establish your plans. Your college, your book, your Bible study, your family plans, commit it to God. Use it for His glory, which is our highest calling. 

The second verse is Proverbs 16:9. It's a widely known verse, you might have heard it even if you aren't Christian. This verse says that we plan our course, but God establishes our steps. In other words, your plans might not be God's plans. You plan your path, but God alone determines your steps. Sometimes things just aren't working out because that's not God's plan. He wants to bring you down His path so you can have victory and success, vs. the path you're going down that will only bring disappointment. God's ways are higher than yours, so surrender your plans to the One who establishes your path. 

So we have two ways to succeed: commit your plans to God and for His glory, and surrender your plans for His when it just isn't working.