34|'That's Enough!'

Me and Haylee are walking through the back door with chips from the Chippy down the road, when we see Aaron, Missy, and Mom in the living room.

"Dinner's... here." My voice changes an octave when I notice Aaron.

"Oh, Haylee, Izzy, do you want a cup of tea?" Aaron offers, walking into the kitchen.

"What's he doing here?" Haylee asks as I plonk the bag on the counter and look at Missy, awaiting her response.

"Haylee! Don't be so rude!" Mom scolds. "It's only Aaron. Aaron, take no notice."

"Well, 'only Aaron' what you doing in me house?" I ask, putting a hand on my hip.

"Well, I-"

"Got hold of the house already, has he?" Haylee asks, annoyed.

"What's it to you?" Missy asks, equally annoyed.

My head is pounding, so I move over to the cupboard to get a tablet. When I turn to grab a glass of water, I see Aaron already offering me a new glass with a small smile. I nod a thanks to him and share his smile.

"The moment a bloke comes sniffing round here, they've got feet on table before we know it." Haylee huffs, stomping away.

"Hey! What's your problem?" Missy jumps up off the sofa along with Mom to follow her. I lazily trudge behind them, downing the water on my way.

"That's my boyfriend you're talking about!" Missy discloses.

"It's alright, Missy, just leave it." Aaron tells her, trying to defuse the tension.

"Woah, boyfriend?" I question looking between the two.

"Why'd ya care so much? You weren't like this with Jordan!" Missy states.

"He's different." Haylee shrugs.

"Can we not, with the whole Jordan thing?" I request, feeling a pang in my chest at the mention of his name. "Don't need to worry about him sniffing around here no more."

"What?" Missy and Mom ask.

"Anyway, he'll be gone once he's got what he wants." Haylee says, staying on the topic of Aaron. "And knowing you, you've probably given him that already!"

Missy raises her hand, and before any of us could stop her, it collides with my younger sisters face. "Missy!"

"Oi, that's enough! We don't hit each other, you know that!" I exclaim, getting between the two. Haylee rushes upstairs, and Missy's face morphs into one of shock once she realizes what she's just done.

"Aaron." I turn my head to look at him. "I think it's best you go. Thanks for the dri-"

Missy cuts me off, "What!? Don't throw him out -"

"Missy! Upstairs now!" I raise my voice, drowning hers out. "Aaron, go! And Mom, dish the chips out on plates."

Everyone looks around at each other, not knowing what to do. "Now! Move!"

They all listen and start doing as I said. I rub my forehead tiredly before going upstairs to check on Missy.

"Hey, M." I knock on our bedroom door before letting myself in.

"What've I done?" She asks, pacing back and forth. "I just - I just wanted her to like Aaron like she did with you and Jordan, and -"

"There is no me and Jordan anymore." I say quietly.

"What?"

"You heard. Me and Jordan are done. You don't have anyone to compare yourself with now." I shrug and look at her sullen face. "Listen, she don't hate ya. She's just mad at ya. She'll get over it soon, don't keep yourself up about it."