11|Girls Night Out

I'm ironing one of Haylee's shirts and Missy's doing Haylee's hair to get her ready for her date.

"Where they taking ya?" Missy interrogates.

"Didn't say." Haylee checks her nails.

"Make sure it's somewhere decent." Missy tells her.

"Greggs." Nana suggests proudly earning a laugh from me and Naz.

"And not the Rec with a can of cider so they can cop a feel." I point the iron at her. "And make sure that Chloe don't pressure you into doing nowt you don't wanna do because she's doing it."

"Watch that, Cory." Missy warns.

"Oi! That's me best mate, you're on about." I remind her.

"I'm going with Riz." Haylee states. "He's nice, and he's loaded." Me and Haylee wiggle our eyebrows at each other.

"Yeah, well, they're all the same." Missy grumbles. "Apart from Naz's fiancé."

"He's a prince in loafers." I tease the girl earning a glare from her.

"You getting married, love?" Nana asks. "Ooo~ Congratulations!"

"No, Nana, I'm not getting married." Naz tells Nana as she pours her tea. "It's just the twins being divs, that's all."

Naz picks her cup up and burns herself on it, resulting in her dropping it on Haylee's shirt that I was ironing. "Oh!"

"Naz!" I exclaim. "What're you like?"

"Oh, sorry, Haylee." Naz groans.

"It's alright, I'll get another." Haylee heads upstairs.

I screw Haylee's top up and chuck it straight in the wash. Missy joins my side to help clean the ironing board.

"Guess you can ruin as many tops as you want when you marry money bags." Missy taunts.

"Please stop going on about that." Naz pleads, annoyed at my sister.

"Oi, we're not the ones making you do it." I remind, dabbing a tee-towel on the ironing board.

"No one's making me do anything." Naz denies.

"Your dad's chilled, is he? Letting you do what you want?" Missy asks.

"Or who you want?" I wink.

"He's alright with you fancying girls?" Missy adds.

"I kissed a girl once." Nana speaks up.

"Is that right, Nana?" I turn to her with an amused smile on my face as she thinks back to it.

"Sharon Saunders." She nods. "Oh, her breath were so sweet. And to this day, I still can't suck a Murray Mint without a thinking about her, ooh." She shudders.

"Alright, Nana." I chuckle and turn back to Naz and Missy, who look baffled.

♡♥︎♡

"Don't do anything you don't want ta do." Missy tells Haylee firmly as she walks off with me trailing behind her.

"Yeah, yeah." Haylee sighs. "Is it really gonna be that bad?"

"Only if you make it that bad." I shrug. "You have to have an open mind. If you have an opinion on what's gonna happen before it does than you won't be able to enjoy it before its too late, but you also can't get too excited about it cos you might be let down."

"So what should I be?" She asks, confused.

"You should be Haylee Booth, no one else." I bump shoulders with her. "But you should also have a neutral mindset so that you can't be proven wrong when you think back on it after it happens."