Chapter 24: Why?

Rani headbutted Koa away from Kion. Koa fell off a cliff. Rani gasped and ran over to the edge. Koa was holding onto a branch, fighting for his life.

Rani knew what Koa has done, but even the most evil lions deserve a second chance. Rani reached out a paw. "Koa grab my paw, I'll help you," Rani said.

Koa looked up at Rani. He grabbed her paw, and threw her down. Rani fell down and down and down. Kion roared and ran to the ledge. He couldn't see Rani.

"No..." Kion whispered. He started crying. Koa growled with an evil smirk. Kion was about to roar at Koa, so that he would fall as well, but movement caught his eye.

Kion looked down deeper, and saw Rani climbing up!

Koa looked down and gasped. Kion helped Rani up. Rani looked down at Koa. "Im willing to help you. Please, you don't need to live like this," Rani said, holding her paw out again.

"ARE YOU CRAZY!" Kion yelled. Rani looked at him, "You gave me a chance." Kion sighed, and nodded.

"Koa c'mon," Rani begged. Koa looked up at her, and took her paw. Rani helped pull him up.

"W-Why did you help me?" Koa asked Kion and Rani. "Ha don't look at me, I wanted you dead," Kion replied. Koa looked at Rani.

"I believe everyone deserves a second chance. But please, tell me where Raja is," Rani begged. "He doesn't know his name is Raja. And I told him you left him," Koa sighed.

"I don't care what you did! I just want my son!" Rani said. Koa nodded. He walked over to Raja.

"Zorro?" Koa asked. Raja looked up at him. "Your name isn't Zorro. It's Raja, and your parents never left you, I took you. Kion and Rani are your parents," Koa explained.

Raja looked at them. "But you said I was Zorro," Raja replied. "I lied, I'm sorry," Koa sighed.

Raja looked at Rani and Kion. "So you are my mom and dad?" Raja asked. "Yes, and your sister is with my mom right now," Rani replied. Raja smiled and hugged Rani.

Koa started walking away. "And where do you think your going?" Simba raised an eyebrow. "Away. I don't live here anymore," Koa replied. "No, you can join our pride, just as long as you know I'm king, and respect the circle of life," Simba said.

Koa smiled. "Thank you for your kindness. I'm so sorry about what I have done," Koa apologized.

Audra walked up to Koa and nuzzled him. "It's nice to have you back," She smiled. "It's nice to see you again. Sorry about almost letting you get killed," Koa apologized.

"Nah don't worry about it," Audra smiled. Koa turned to Rani, "Sorry for almost killing you. Twice," Koa looked down. "Your good," Rani smiled.

Koa turned to Kion and Kovu, "Uh sorry for throwing you guys against rocks." "Your fine, and can you teach me how to do that. Like throw the person strong enough to crack a rock!" Kion asked with excitement.

"Yeah me too!" Kovu replied. Koa smiled, "Sure."

"Welcome to our pride Koa," Simba said. Koa smiled.