Acheron: Part one (27)

Start from the beginning

I felt something touch my shoulder, turning to see a walker. It fell to the ground lifelessly as i looked up, seeing daryl throw a knife at another walker in front of me.

The bag was around my shoulder, i quickly grabbed daryl's knife, reconnecting the line to my belt again and got brought back up to the roof.

𓆩♱ 🖤₊˙ 🔪 ♱𓆪

Arriving at Alexandria, walking the street and seeing all the burnt houses and debris scattered around. Judith and Rj ran to hug daryl, they were very happy to see him.

Negan walked over, grabbing a bag as Maggie stared at him. He looked at her for a moment before walking away. Not a single word was spoken between the two.

"mom!" hershel ran over, wrapping his arms around Maggie.

She smiled that big smile of hers and hugged him back. I smiled and watched them together.

Maggie spoke with some of her people when a fight broke out between two others.

"hey, break it up. There's enough food for everyone." Gabriel said as he got in the middle.

-

"how long is this gonna last us?" i asked.

"a week." Gabriel answered as a meeting was being held.

"that's it? From the last run, just a week?" Daryl joined in.

"we can make it work." Aaron stood there.

"how? We just took in two new communities. We have no crops, no back stock." i looked around.

"The last big horde, scared all the animals away. We can find a new territory." Daryl suggested.

"i know one more place. The place i lived before this. Where we lived." Maggie joined in.

"where?" i asked.

"Meridian. It's got plenty of food, water, crops and animals." Maggie sat down.

"now it's gone." Elijah spoke up.

Maggie talked about Meridian some more, suggesting we take it back from the people that stole it from them. This group, they killed everyone, and only a few got away.

They now reside in Alexandria for safety and Shelter. "they come at night, and by the time you see them you're already dead." Maggie looked around.

"i'll go." Daryl stood up from the table.

"me too." I crossed my arms.

Thunder rumbled in the night as big dark clouds covered the sky. Lightning flashing with each rumble. Rain fell down fast and hard, pouring down and soaking everyone's clothes.

I lifted my hood up, placing my hand on top to keep it still from the wind. "Negan, how much longer 'till we're through the city?" Maggie asked.

"About six hours!" Negan yelled in response.

"Maybe we should hunker down, Wait for this to pass!" i looked around.

Maggie pointed to an underground subway station, everyone jogging over and walked down the stairs. Daryl flipped his flashlight on after uncovering his face, A few others turning on their flashlights and looking around.

"you don't wanna go in there?" Maggie asked.

"no i don't." Negan looked at her.

"i don't give a shit. Which way?" Maggie looked at him in despise.