Chapter 1: The Deep Floors

(This is a story based on my imagination of how the next fight between Asterius and Bell will go. I do not own "DanMachi" or any of the content. A lot of this is made up as well since I don't know what every floor of the dungeon is like, or every speck of the characters' personalities.)

Asterius POV

[Asterius

A Black Minotaur that had appeared during the Xenos' chaos took out several members of the Loki Familia's Elite Adventurers.

Previous Level Estimation: 7]

I could feel it. Perhaps it was the dungeon speaking to me, but I could feel the time of my showdown with that human, Bell Cranel, approaching. I had grown in strength since then, but it wasn't enough.

"If it's him, he'll become much stronger."

Thanks to the mage, Fels, I had gotten my weapons back. Both the double-bladed axe and the Electric axe, which was thought to be confiscated by the Loki Familia. I refused to use the latter, however, as my pride wouldn't allow it.

"Stronger than this, even."

The freezing cold rivers that ran through the 61st floor slowly started to form into the shape of a titan, much larger than any of the previous floor bosses I had encountered. The ice looked tougher than adamantite as it swung its massive fist at me. I smiled, gripping my axe and slashing at it with all of my strength. At first, it seemed like nothing happened. The titan was looming over me, the cold from its body making the room frost over. Then, suddenly, a tear formed on its shoulder. It expanded, stretching across its entire body, causing the floor boss to shatter, melting back into the rivers. While it was mainly feared because of the uncertain terrains, it was no match for sheer force.

"Not enough."

I trudged on into the darkness, leaving the massive dome of the floor boss behind.

[Current Level Estimation: 9]

Bell Cranel POV

It was a bit nerve-wracking, to say the least, to be back in the White Palace. I still wasn't fully rid of the mental trauma this place had ingrained into me, especially with the Juggernaut after my and Lyu's necks. While it was true that I had leveled up to Level 5 it still felt lacking.

She's still stronger, and faster. 

I thought of my idol, Ais Wallenstein. Many things had happened since the War Game a couple of months ago. We had managed to hold out, but only by the slightest of margins. Goddess Hestia didn't banish Freya as she had with Apollo, since she was the driving force of her Familia, and that was Orario's current best chance at defeating the Black Dragon. Additionally, Ouka and Mikoto had leveled up to level 3. Lyu joined our party on the occasion when she wasn't working at the Benevolent Mistress, though that was still rare. I was still a bit torn over the idea of Syr, but I had to keep pushing onward past that. Additionally, since we had managed to win against Freya Familia, the entirety of Orario was looking at us. Honestly, it still felt surreal to me that we had won. 

"Bell? Is something on your mind?"

It seemed like my concerns were etched onto my face because Lyu noticed.

"No, it's nothing. Just thinking about the last time we were here."

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"Hey, Bell."

Aisha turned to me. 

"The only reason why we're down here in the deep floors is because of your abilities as a Level 5. Ordinarily, we'd want the rest of the party to be Level 3, but your skills are exceptional. If you falter here, then we all get wiped out. It's not a place that you can take easily."