𝐒𝐢𝐱

Joan woke first in the morning, fluttering her eyes open and then closed them at the sudden burst of light. She again opened her eyes and tried to stretch her hands. But she couldn't do it. Obviously, because she was caged by a pair of strong arms in such a way that it was quite impossible for her to move. She looked up and smiled. One of Sherlock 's arms was around her stomach and another protective arm was wrapped under her neck, one of his legs was between Joan's and she knew that he was trying to be as close as possible.

She let him sleep as she knew that he was mentally exhausted and emotionally drained out in the last few days because of Joan being away. Instead she just shifted her position a bit, moving up the bed. Automatically, Sherlock's head shifted on her chest . She smiled and entangled her fingers in his short hair. She looked at him. How different he looked. He looked so calm and serene with a soft smile on his face. His eyes were shut, he was in a deep sleep.
She caressed his face softly.

"I love you Sherlock. I will always be with you" she whispered.

"That you have to be, Watson. I don't give you another choice" he suddenly spoke. Joan was startled. Sherlock opened his eyes, a smirk on his lips. "Good morning Watson. I see that you have undertaken the auspicious task of waking me up"

"Well, considering the fact that you rarely sleep, I wouldn't miss the once in a lifetime opportunity would I?" she retorted back cheekily. Sherlock smiled. He loved the little debates he had with her. He loved to have the little digs at her. Knowing that she is the only one who he can do that with.

"Watson, you are the best" he said and snuggled closer to her frame. She smiled and kissed his forehead and said, "That I am". Sherlock chuckled and closed his eyes.

"Sherlock what shall we today? Since Marcus and the captain have given us a leave, we have the entire day to ourselves" she asked moving her hands up and down his spine in a comforting manner.

"Shall we just be here? At home? Together?" he asked with hopeful eyes. "Of course we can" and his face lit up in excitement. He said, "Can we have popcorn and movie and then we can order something, except for pizza. I am sick of that cheesy thing. Can we do that?"

Joan looked at him and said teasingly, " Since when does Sherlock Holmes watch movies?" A tinge of pink rose up Sherlock's cheek and he hid his head on the pillow. Joan laughed. "Watson" he whined. She would not stop. "Joaann" and she finally stopped. She hugged him and said, "I never knew you were so adorable Holmes". Sherlock smiled, "I never knew you were such a meanie, Watson." She giggled earning a kiss from Sherlock.

The rest of the day they spent together, watching movies, eating, cuddling each other and sleeping on the couch itself. The warmth that they craved for was finally there and they were not ready to let go of it.