𝐎𝐧𝐞

"Where is she? Where is she? Your stupid friends at 'La Milieu' have kidnapped her, have they not? I told her not to trust you. You are a douchebag. You are an idiot. Now she is alone over there. Suffering and tired. Away from me. Oh why wasn't I with her? Why wasn't I?" and that's how Sherlock Holmes went from accusing his brother to breaking down on his knees in the precinct itself.

"Sherlock" came the captain's calm voice. "Take a hold of yourself."

"I can't Captain. I can't" he screamed. They were alone at the brownstone, him, his brother, captain and the detective. His voice resonated around the big house as if it had just been deprived of it's own life support. As if the building itself had crumbled like the man who resides in it , both mercilessly seperated from their source of living. And the other 3 seeing him slowly deteriorating could do nothing but wish that whatever had happened should not have. Sherlock Holmes was looking like a child. A small child whose favourite teddy has been taken away from him. They all wished like hugging him tight and wiping the kid's tears away. But they knew only one person had the right to do so. The one person who he had given the right to do so. Who wasn't there at that moment.

"I cannot Captain. She is not there to do so. She is not here. I am not focused. I am ... I am ....i don't know Captain. Honestly I don't " he said. The captain put his hands on his shoulders but felt his muscles stiffen.

"Sherlock" came another voice. The one which he had no interest to hearing. His brother's.

" You still have the audacity to say anything? Any other stupid excuse of you not being behind all this? Listen Mycroft, I am telling you in the most calmest voice of mine. I do not want to see you here. Not around me and Watson ever again. Even after she comes back, because I will bring her back safely. Back to me" he said his voice threateningly deep and eyes bloodshot red.

Mycroft, could hear nothing but determination in his brother's voice. A determination of bringing his love back, safely. And he knew he couldn't budge his mind now. "Sherlock"

"Wait. Another important word" Sherlock got up from the ground , looking menacing, went to his brother grabbed him by the collar and whispered ferociously , "if there is as much as a tiny scratch on Watson's body and if a tiny hair is displaced from her head, believe me, I will forget that I ever had a brother"

That was a moment of surprise for the three of them. For this was a new Sherlock. Broken, vulnerable and devastated but dead set on just one task, getting his love , his strength back to him , safe and sound. Police officers took Mycroft out.

Sherlock turned to the other two. "Captain and Marcus, i think you should go to the precinct to see if there are any updates on Watson's kid- " but he couldn't complete it. Marcus just ran to him and gave him a quick bear hug and said, "we will find her Sherlock. Don't worry. She will be back to you, to us" Even the Captain joined the hug and both of them were relieved as Sherlock did not push them off him, although he didn't respond as well. He just stiffly nodded his head.

After they all went, he stood standing. Staring into the four walled room. Void. Empty. That's what he felt right now. Without his life. He did not feel the house as the same sanctum sanctorum that he always did. Instead every where he set his eyes upon, he just saw Joan. He could not bear their seperation. He needed her to be with him. And both of them in each other's arms. He screamed and dropped the table , he removed and threw all the books from the shelves, he pushed the couch, the glasses everything. He felt the need to destroy everything. He felt the need to hurt himself so as to relax his heart about the fact that she is not hurting alone. At this moment, he only wished to swap placed with her. He saw , among the fallen books, the one in which he kept secretively kept the drugs hidden from her. Immediately a battle began between his heart and mind. But then what he did surprised him as well. He picked up the book and threw it in the fire, and the fire rose higher indicating his win. He smiled proudly. But in the next moment sank down on the floor, drawing his knees close to his chest and whispered in the air hoping it would reach Joan, "I miss you Joanie."

••••••

Joan coughed, opening her eyes to greet darkness. She shook her hands trying to shake off the handcuff. The last thing she could remember was being kidnapped by one of Mycroft's gang members.

"Where am I?" she muttered trying to make out her surroundings.

"With us , my lady" came a voice with a strong Russian accent. Andrew. Yes the man who had kidnapped her. Whose information she had gone to retrieve.

"kak dylah (how are you) ?" he said smiling creepily raising his hand to touch Joan's head. "Wide awake , I see. Had a good sleep?"

"Who are you? What do you want from me?" she spat angrily.

"Calm down dear tigress. I am not here to hurt you. Just to stop your lover from interrupting in our buisness. He is a very nosy guy you know right? Always poking his big fat nose in others business. I don't like it. So, i planned" he said bending down and sitting on the chair in front of Joan.

"What did you do to Sherlock?" she asked .

"Ah... love..... protective.....i like it. I didn't do anything much. I just kidnapped you and everything fell straight in place. He stumbled and fell down" he said proudly.

Joan's face fell. She knew that she was Sherlock's biggest weakness being his strength as well. And now , when they had confessed their feelings for each other, their relationship had grown in a third dimension, making it impossible for them to be apart from each other. Especially for Sherlock, because he was feircely protective and possesive for Joan and couldn't share her with anyone else. Her mind wandered off to him knowing exactly in what state he will be in now. She felt the need to be with him, hug him tight to herself and calm him down because she knew that he would be impossible to handle now for the others.

"Don't you dare hurt him Andrew" she whispered.

"I am not touching him at all. I will just hurt you and he will automatically die" he said laughing menacingly.

She prayed and hoped that Sherlock would have the strength to take care of himself so that he may bring everything back to normal once again. All she yearned at the moment was for Sherlock right in front of her, smiling and snuggling in her arms.

••••••