Kajol's New Side

After we got back from Ranthambore, I felt my wife had a new side. Well, it was not that far but at some point she turned into a new personality. The worst thing about this was her mood swings. I really could not tell if she was in a good or bad mood. It changed so quickly that I could not anticipate it like before. She became more spoiled but she also could get angry easily. I was the one who witnessed it the most.

I woke up around 10 this morning, something that I have been doing since long ago. Kajol never took it as a problem. But today, she scolded me for waking up too late. I was so shocked because I was just opening my eyes and then I found her walking around the room while scolding me. Her high-pitched voice made me have no other choice than getting myself off the bed and taking a shower. I did not complain. I did not want to make the problem worse. I could only enjoy it.

I went to work as usual. Without breakfast, just a cup of coffee. Today was hot. Weather these days has become unpredictable too. Yesterday it was raining heavily. I had to wear double clothes to keep me warm. Now the sun shone brightly as if it never rains. It made me stressed. There were few shoot schedules that had to be postponed and as a result I have to make up for it on another day. In other words, I have to work a double shift a day. Apart from Kajol's mood swings, now I have to be bothered with this too.

“Your wife called.” Pooja handed me my phone as soon as I finished my scene for lunch break. I wiped my face with a towel then checked my phone. She was true. Kajol called me several times.

“You didn't tell her I was on the set?” I asked her when I saw a series of miscalls from Kajol.

“I did. But she asked me to tell you to call her back when you're available. She said it's urgent.”

I sighed as I dropped myself on my comfort chair. My fingers were dancing on the phone screen, looking for her number. I did not need to wait so long because she immediately picked up the call on the first ring.

“I've been here for an hour but neither Azira nor Azran show up.”

I looked at the watch trying to figure out what she was doing. Oh, she must be in the kids' school.

“I'm afraid you are a bit early, baby. It's just 12. The school finished at 1. Is Aryan with you?”

“No. He is filming.” Oh, I forgot. He has started his first project now. “Then what should I do? I can't just sit here for another hour.”

My mind was busy finding a way to give the best advice for her. But I was so tired. I could not think properly. “Um... Why don't you just... go home and send someone over to pick up the kids?”

“Are you out of your mind? I've been here for an hour and now you tell me to just go home? No.”

I rubbed my forehead looking for another good idea. God, this woman. I would not even get myself married if I knew it would be this complicated. Handling a wife was never this hard before.

“Then wait there. They should be coming right up. An hour is not that long nowadays.”

“Me? Waiting another hour here? No. Thank you for your useless advice, tho.”

She hung up the call with that. I frowned looking at my phone. I thought it was a mistake and she pressed the wrong button. But no. She cut off the call. I put down my phone then massaged my spinning head. I hope God would be kind enough to tell me or at least give me a clue about what was happening with my wife. I really could not handle this obscurity anymore. God, please kill me now!

**

Finally I could lie on my comfy bed after such a tiring day. I got a lot of work today, it was tough and rough. I never felt this tired. My wife was expecting me for dinner but I just could not finish my job on time. I came home late when everyone was already sleeping and I felt guilty for that. Though I know it is not a big matter for her. But still, I felt bad because I barely spent much time with my family because of my work.