Khandaan in Ranthambore (2) - END

- The Tightness -

What the fuck? Are you blaming me for what happened yesterday? It was completely not my fault! Who would want to purposely make their alarm inactive when they need it the most? Only stupid people would do that. If you really need to find someone to blame then please put it on my husband. Go ask him what he did to me the night before so I woke up late. You know that I am an early morning person. If I am not being one then please ask Shahrukh. To me, he is responsible for all the mess at home. Like, come on, guys! You can not be unfair to me. So it was his fault and only his. No two ways about it. Case closed.

I woke up on an empty bed this morning. Shahrukh was not there. His side looked like it had not been slept. The clock showed 7 AM. I quickly freshen myself and go outside to check the others. The resort where we stayed sounded so quiet. I was sure there were at least fifty people staying here because it was a peak holiday. But I heard no single noise from outside. Neither from our room. Where the hell are Shahrukh and the children?

I stepped towards the living room and I could only sighed at the sight. Shahrukh, Aryan and Azran were sleeping on the floor in front of the TV. Azira was sleeping on the sofa with her tab between her arms. Glasses, a bottle of coke, snack packs and popcorn crumbs were scattered all over the room. They must have watched the World Cup final till late.

Now how to wake them up?

An idea crossed my mind. A good one. I smirked and went to the bathroom to take a bowl full of water. I sprinkle water on them till they wake up. As I expected, they opened their eyes and made noises.

"Argh, Mama!"

"Good morning, lady and gentlemen." I crossed my arms while watching them complain. I did not say anything. I just let them be busy wiping their wet faces.

"Can't you find a more human way to wake us?" Shahrukh grumbled at me while looking down at his wet shirt.

"I thought the roof was leaking." Azran said as he rubbed his sleepy eyes. They all looked like a mess.

"Who gave you kids permission to watch the match until late?" I asked with a sharp look at each one of them.

Aryan, Azira and Azran pointed to their father in unison. "Papa."

"I was only with Papa when the match started. Then these kids barged in." Aryan added.

"But Papa allowed us." Azira looked down to her feet while playing on her fingers. I directed my gaze to Shahrukh who was looking at me with rounded eyes.

"They forced me! I swear. I bet you also can't bear their puppy eyes, can you? Babies, please tell your mother the truth."

"But that doesn't legitimize you to let them stay awake till so late. What hour did they sleep last night?"

"They didn't stay up all night, Maa. They slept through half of the match. Not even half. First quarter I think." Aryan got up from his seat and started collecting the snack packs from the floor.

"See? Now you believe me?"

"He is always on your side." I rolled my eyes and looked at my children one by one. They looked so poor with their sleepy eyes. "All right now get a move and be ready. We're leaving in thirty minutes. Aryan, leave it."