5

"Yeh note hai...Dr. Shalini ne bheja hai tumhare liye, unka signature bhi hai."

Not fully convinced, Naina decided to follow him for sometime and then decide further. Chaubey took Naina towards the jeep and reluctantly Naina sat in. On their way to the city, they had to go through a secluded patch. It was almost an hour to their ride that Naina was keeping an eye on the vehicle following them.

"Bunty ji, please aage aane waale 4 right turns lena"

"Kya?"

"Please do as I say"

Then following as she said, Chaubey took the next 4 right turns and soon they were back at the point from where they had started the turning journey. He was noticing Naina keeping an eye on him and the rear view mirror. Watching over his concentration on the road ahead, Naina bent down to tie the laces on her shoes when they heard a gun shot. Turning to Naina, Chaubey found her leaning outside with her hand stretched back and a gun pointing at the vehicle following them.

Both the jeeps stopped immediately.

"Aapne jeep kyu rok di ?"

"Tumne wo kya kiya ?"

Till now 4 soldiers came out of the jeep and proceeded towards Naina's side.

"Any problem ?" one of them asked.

Pointing the gun at them and already shooting through her eyes Naina said "I'll shoot"

"Cadet Singh rukiya"

"Tum sabko mera naam bhi pataa hai...aur kya jaante ho and chaahte kya ho"

"We are here for your safety Cadet Singh...but tumne shoot kyu kiya"

"Jabse hum KMA se nikle hai yeh jeep hume follow karr rahi thi, Bunty Ji ko jo maine turns lene ke liye kahaa tha, isne bhi same turn liye, aagr humse alag jaa rahi hoti to yeh wo turns na leti. Isiliye tyre puncture karr diya."

"What" one of them exclaimed

"Sirji, kaisi protege hai aapki, training hui nahi hai poori abhi lekin ek lft ko budhu banaa diya." Chaubey patted his head.

"Naveen Singh Ahluwaliya ke case se related kuch documents present hue hai army court mei aur aapko summon bheja gayaa hai gawahi ke liye jo kuch bhi aapko pataa hai. And already KMA mei kuch threat letter aur calls aa chuki hai aapke liye isiliye Col. Shakti Chandra ne apni security aapke liye bheji hai" one of the officers said

"But mujhe to kuch bhi nahi pataa iss baare mei" naina was clueless

"Yeh jagah safe nahi hai, aap pehle chaliye base prr aapko sab bataa denge"

Without any objection Naina followed their orders and soon they were inside army hospital and research center which was also acting as an extended base camp.

Naina was welcomed by Dr. Shalini who first led her to Rajveers room where he was resting on the bed, decorated in hospital blue suit and wires and tubes attached measuring his vitals and providing necessary medications. Naina kept standing at the door when she heard Chaubey narrating  all the incidents including how Rajveer rescued Col. Chandra, hid the red box, shared its location and planned the blast for save evacuation, the only thing which went unplanned was that he was safe. By God's grace one of the pillars from the distracted building fell at an angle safe guarding him from the rest debris. With the smoke caused he went unconscious but was saved by the team after they got his location through the trackers he had installed in his shoe's heel.

Naina teared up knowing he risked his life for her but now she knew what she had to do. Clearing her tears she looked at all with a straight face and asked about the case and hearing.

Soon she was present in the court, recording all that she knew, added Col. Chandra,Brig. Chandok and Rajveer's statements Naveen was announced a victim and a martyr.

She returned to the academy and dressed in her official uniform for the ceremony hosted by Brig. Chandok to hand Naveen's uniform and medals, also to hang his photograph on the wall of fame.

It was an emotional moment for the Ahluwaliyas, Suriji, BC and Rajveer. A long war had been won for that creature who was now showing his 32s from his picture shining on the wall of fame. A Waada done to their loved ones was fulfilled !

I hope you guys liked the update
Do comment to let me know your views

Signing Off
Kikaberry