thirteen - happy birthday

Start from the beginning

"Townes."

"Macy."

We both stared at each other and I shrugged, "I mean, technically, you can't tell me he doesn't like birthdays, or well, like the real reason why. So I could simply ignore you and say you're lying. Because I'm stubborn. And he knows that."

The oven timer went off before she could say anything and I placed my cup down, jumping off, the counter to pull out the bread. I grabbed the oven mitts and put them on, pulling the bread out. Macy put out some pot holders on the counter for me to place it on. I smiled big, it smelled and looked amazing. I snapped a quick picture sending it to my grandma.

"Who would come?" Macy said, and I glanced up at her with big eyes, "Just the band right?"

"And maybe....Anne....and Gemma. If someone can help me figure out their number?" I bit my lip and she took a deep breath.

"This was all your idea, Townes."

"Basically threatened you to help." I smirked and she rolled her eyes.

"Alright, I need a grocery list, and I'll call Anne and Gemma. We will plan everything out, but first, let's try this bread."

The next day we planned everything out. Macy called Anne and Gemma and got them onboard. Gemma agreed to get Harry out of the house for a few hours, and thankfully he agreed to their plans.

Macy and I decided on his favorite cream pasta that she made, and we would have shrimp and chicken as side options for everyone. I bought a few decorations, trying not to overdue it, Sarah agreeing to come help me decorate the next day.

Later that night, I stood in the kitchen, finishing Harry's cake. I had made a round four layered cake, and was working on the icing, piping on "Happy Birthday Harry" on the top.

Macy walked in, her purse around her shoulder, "Wow, is there anything you can't do?" She said, leaning and admiring my cake.

I smiled and shrugged, "There are some benefits to my mother having groomed me into the perfect wife at such a young age." I chuckled, "The irony being, not a single woman in high society ever actually lifts a finger."

Macy laughed and nodded, "That is true. I was going to head out for the night, you okay?"

"Yeah, go, go! I'm almost done and going to stick it in the fridge. Might wait up for Harry." I smiled and she nodded. I watched her search my face, a weird smile on hers.

"What?" I said, placing down the icing.

"He's just been, in a good mood since you came around. He tends to, not exactly stay consistent with his women. So, I just, I hope you're a constant." She said, before turning away to leave.

I bit my and looked down at the cake, quickly shaking the thought from my head.

I told you. I don't do that. I do things....this way.

I heard his voice say, and picked up the cake putting it away. Soon I would be on my way out, and someone else would be on their way in. I cleaned up and made my way upstairs quickly to grab a blanket and a book before making my way back downstairs.

I settled on the couch and began reading my book, checking the time. I could last until 2am when I figured he would finally be home. I managed to read three chapter coherently before I fell asleep.

I felt a soft kiss on my cheek, and as I peeked open my eyes I heard his voice, "Townes, let's get you to bed, come on."

I shook my head and moved the blanket higher on my face causing him to laugh softly. He stood up and picked me up in his arms, making his way upstairs. We got to the guest room, and he put me down, using one knee on the bed to place me in the middle. He moved to leave and I grabbed his arm, "Technically, you're on the bed. You know the rules."