"Nigga, relax, I ain't know she passed out. What the hell is you talking about?" Vincent asked, since to his knowledge Cyera was fine aside from the fact that she left their mother's house sad.

Caius sighed harshly, touching Cyera's head again. "She got a real bad fever, and I assume it's stress induced cause ain't no way she caught one in less than twelve hours if she was perfectly fine when y'all last saw her. What the hell happened at that dinner? I need full detail." he stated.

"We was there, and her and mama was arguing like usual but it wasn't nothing big it was just small shit of course. Cyera's weight, Caiah not having a dad, some mo' shit. But then it got deeper and they started talkin' about some shit that happened in the past, somethin' about Cyera making mistakes when she was younger and gettin' around. Remember Matthew, her old boyfriend? He was there too, and he knew what they was talkin' bout. They started saying lil shit about Cyera's character, I went to wash Caiah up, and the next thing I knew she was running out the house on the verge of tears and she looked scared." he explained.

But Vincent didn't even have to explain that much, as soon as Caius heard the name Matthew he knew what was wrong, and what they were probably saying about Cyera, everything. "Fuck!"  Caius whispered harshly, placing a fist on his forehead. He felt his anger rise just thinking about what Cyera must've felt once she came face to face with that man again. A man that he thought had been taken care of.

"Matthew was there for what?!"

"Him and momma started dating again." Vincent answered, and Caius scoffed at the answer. Cyera's mom was a joke to him, and if it was up to him she'd be six feet under by now.

"I gotta call you back." Caius said after that, not waiting for an answer, he simply hung up and put his phone back in his pocket.

Looking down at Cyera, Caius' eyes were full of sympathy, he wished she was awake just so he could hug her at least and tell her he was there for her. Caius knew she must've felt alone and defenseless in that moment, especially with Caiah there having to hear all of that as well. He wasn't even sure what was said, but with how vile Charice was, it literally could've been anything.

The way she treated Cyera wasn't normal for a mother, especially the way she did her after finding out what Matthew had been doing to her. The fact that she even believed Cyera would lead him on to have sex with him was just stupid to Caius. And even if that had been the case, Matthew would still be at fault in his eyes. He was a grown man and Cyera was a teenager, led on or not, having sex with her was wrong period.

He just didn't understand how her mom was so blind and most of all, ignorant. She allowed her jealousy of Cyera to cloud her common sense, and what made things worse was that Cyera loved Charice once upon a time, and she would've done anything just for that love to be reciprocated. But, too many bridges had been burned between the two, the only reason Cyera even tolerated her still was for Vincent and Caiah's sake.

"Cai, the water is ready and it's really cold!" Caiah suddenly yelled from the bathroom, snapping Caius out of his thoughts.

"Here I come!" he yelled back.

Pulling the blanket from Cyera's body, he dropped it on the floor so that he could reach to remove her clothes. He first went for her skirt, slipping it down her legs and over her feet and ankles before throwing it to the side. He then lifted her shirt up over her head next and allowed it to slide down her arms before throwing that to the side as well. After that, he took off her panties and unhooked her bra so that she was now completely undressed.