♢ boba & chaos ♢

Start bij het begin

♤ ♧ ♢ ♡

after missing three days of college work due to your 'bonding ritual', you were more than behind on content, so you decided to use your free period to catch up with the heaps of work missed.

the joys of college.

you were sat in the ipoint, tapping away at the computer, drowning yourself in work. you tended to use this as a coping mechanism.

whenever there was difficulty, or you were in distress, you would throw yourself into completing excessive amounts of work, chemical equations and freud's theories in the forefront of your mind. it was unhealthy.

not dealing with issues in your life allowed them to fester and multiply, yet you shunned them nonetheless.

you hadn't heard or made contact with your parents. your father had sent you a message after you had ignored his call, asking how you were faring. you'd ignored that too.

you were, however, in contact with kemi, the younger girl soothing your mind slightly with her flamboyant curses and crude jokes about the situation. she has now nicknamed her mother, 'the grinch'.

the day still replayed in your mind, the insults cutting deeper than you let on. you'd toss in your bed at night reliving the torturous moment, crying yourself to sleep a few.

you teetered on a healthy mindset, the line between sanity being blurred. but you swore that it was an issue for another day.

your friends had seen it too. you'd become more quiet and reserved, in similar fashion to how they'd met you. a silent figure. it was eating away at them, yet they didn't know what to do; they'd never been in such a situation before, so they let you take control and work through it as you saw fit.

as you were so engrossed in your essay on conformity, you hadn't noticed the surge in people, the odd few multiplying.

you'd almost round housed the person that'd woken you out of your trance.

"blue," the mulleted man spoke.

"christ, you scared me. hey, minghao. what're you doin' here?" the elder should have been in lesson.

"criminology is in the ipoint. like, all the time."

"oh."

"what are you workin' on?" he plopped down on the spinning chair beside you, shoving his bag under the table.

"psychology. missed quite a bit when i was away."

"mmm."

"yeah..."

an awkward silence fell between you two, minghao rotating on his chair, looking from your face to around the room repeatedly.

"it's not your fault, blue."

"huh?"

"your parents. it's not your fault.

"it sure doesn't feel like it. either way, it still hurts."

"they'll come round if they truly love you. i'm sure they do. and if they don't, well then that says a lot about them, no?"

you hummed in response taking in his words.

minghao was right. it was not your fault. fate had landed you with thirteen amazing souls. there was nothing wrong with that. if anything it was spectacular. thirteen loving people. people that would treat you right. your parents should be over the moon.

"you're right, hao. i'm all fussed up about a reaction from my parents to something that i'm happy about and accept with an open heart. they should be thrilled. it's a whole football team!"