"Sometimes it's hard to turn the page when you know that they aren't going to be in the next chapter, but Adira wouldn't want us to mourn for the rest of our lives. She made it like her own personal mission to make people happy, but now here we are crying at her funeral. Honestly, I don't know how long it will take for me to be able to not cry whilst thinking about her, or if that day will ever come. But if it does come, I know she'll be proud," Andy choked out, "Nothing lasts forever and I know that, but it doesn't make it hurt any less," tears were pouring down his cheeks as he walked over to her coffin and placed her letterman jacket on the casket that she had left in her locker

Robin was the next one to go up, surprising her friends as she did so. She was a very awkward girl and was not good at public speaking at all, but she knew that Adira deserved it, and she wanted to do it for her. "Hey uh..." Robin let out a shaky breath as she rocked on the balls of her fear, twiddling her fingers anxiously, "I didn't think that I'd actually get up here so I didn't write anything sorry," she muttered out awkwardly

"When Adira d- when I had found out that Adira died, I felt like the whole world came crashing down around me," Robin spoke honestly, "like all the light from the world had gone out. I didn't get to say goodbye to her, and I really really wish that I had. You were one of my best friends, and one of the most important people in my life," Robin nodded softly as she turned her head to look over at the wooden casket

"I remember how much you loved the stars, so from now on, I'm going to look at the sky every night and find the brightest one that I can see, and I'm gonna know that it's you," she choked out softly, anxiously tucking some hair behind her ear, "Adira Harrington was a dreamer. She always believed that she could change the world for the better, but in reality the world changed her. She saw beauty in everything and everyone, and was the most amazing person that I have ever met," Robins tone changed suddenly and it was clear that she was angry, "this just proves how crap this whole living thing is ya know? Why the hell would god let someone as amazing as Adira, the girl who didn't have a single bad bone in her body, die and then let bad people live? She should still be here."

"Adira gave and she gave but she got nothing in return, I thought that I would wake up and it would turn out that it was all just some sick dream and everything would be fine, but I'm still stuck in this stupid nightmare and now that I'm here, I realise that I'm going to be stuck in it for the rest of my life," she choked out and looked straight at the casket, "when you died, a part of me died with you. And I wonder that if... wherever you are now... that piece of me can love you the same," and then walked back to her seat, not caring about any of the looks that she got as she did so, she said what she needed to say.

Eddie wanted to go up and say something but he couldn't, the video that Adira made prevented that because as far as the police knew, she had held him hostage and he had finally escaped. But he pat Dustin on the shoulder and gesture for him to go up if he was ready. Dustin shook his head though, he had a speech written out, but he knew that he wouldn't be able to go up there without breaking down. Mike, Will and Lucas were all in the same boat.

Steve walked up next, everyone's eyes on him as he walked over to his sisters coffin, "i thought you said 'oldest dies first' Adira is- was my sister and pretty much my only family. Despite the one year age gap, people always assumed that we were twins because of how close we were," he said, he couldn't bring himself to look at anyone, so he just stared at the coffin as if he were talking to Adira, "Adira always did everything that she could to make sure that the people around her were happy, and she often sacrificed her own happiness for that. Last summer, she lost someone very important to her and she wasn't able to take it very well, she blocked everyone out and slept a lot, she wouldn't eat much or even come out of her room unless it was for school."

Steve stopped for a small break, his breathing becoming shaky as he tried to hold in his sobs, "it was the first time that I couldn't actually understand how she felt or what she was going through. I didn't know what to do or how I could help her and it really made me feel like shit," Steve said, not caring that he swore, "but now... now I get how she was feeling," he choked out, "loosing someone who means everything to them. It's like losing yourself," he choked out softly

"We did everything together except death. Adira is the most important person in my life and even now that she's gone, she always will be. I thought we were going to live out our lives together ya know... maybe life next door to each other as we have our own family's... live happily ever after. But that's it. This is the end. Sometimes there is no more to a story. Sometimes there is no happy ending. Sometimes, it just ends. Even though we are apart now, we will forever be connected no matter what. You were my other half in life and soon our souls will be whole once again," he choked out softly he walked back over to his chair and grabbed something out of the bag that he had brought.

He carried it over to the casket and put it on top, the denim material contrasting sweetly against the warm wood