Armed and Protected

"Woah. No no no no no," Steve said and stood up, rubbing his forehead in frustration, "I agree with Munson on this alright" Even Steve couldn't believe that he was agreeing with something that Eddie the freak Munson had said. Adira let out a small sigh, already knowing that this wasn't going to go well.

"Exactly. Nope," Eddie chimed in, waving his arms around, thankful that at least someone was agreeing with him that this is a bad idea, "no way, there is just no way." Steve pushed himself off the couch, placing his hands on his hips as he began to pace around the room, looking between Nancy and Adira as he shook his head softly.

"Alright, let's think this through okay," Steve muttered out as he walked over to Nancy, a pure look of disbelief on his face as he glanced down at her. He wasn't planning on going back in there, and he definitely wasn't going to let his sister go back in there after what had just happened to them; the two of them had literally been mauled by demon bats.

He had never been more scared in his life than when they were in the Wheeler house in the upside down. He had cried when he heard his sister's screams and cries through the door as Nancy patched her up, his heart felt like it was getting crushed, a physical pain erupting in his chest. He didnt think she was going to make it out of there alive, he thought that he was going to loose his sister, the person who meant more to him than anything else. 

He imagined what his life would have been without her and he couldn't do it, he just couldn't see a future without his sister. They had looked after each other their whole lives when their own parents couldn't be bothered to do it themselves, they protected each other and stood up for each other.

When he saw the wounds on his sister, he had felt his world falling apart around him and knew that he would do whatever it took to make sure that she would get out of the upside-down alive. And now here they were, out of the upside down, the two of them alive, and she wanted to just go back in there again as if nothing had happened. As if she hadn't almost died a few hours ago.

"What is there to think through?" Nancy asked in disbelief. In her eyes, going back into the upside down was the only option right now. Vecna had shown her what he planned to do to Hawkins, and she was prepared to do everything in her power to make sure that that didn't happen.

"We barely made it out of there in one piece. I mean bloody hell, Nancy, look at Adira, she's barely even fucking breathing at the moment, she almost died and I'm still 99% sure that we need to take her to the fucking hospital. If we go back in there, we won't all be coming back out," Steve groaned, trying to convince Nancy that this was absolutely a terrible idea

"Yeah but that is because last time, we weren't prepared," Nancy argued back, clenching her fists in frustration as Steve argued with her. Every minute that they spent arguing right now was just another minute that they could be used to figure out how to kill Vecna, "But this time we will be okay? We will be. We will be able to get weapons and protection. We will go through the gate, we will find his lair, and then we will kill him."

"Or he will kill us!" Steve exclaimed in frustration, "the only reason that the two of you survived is because he wanted you to. He is not scared of us," Steve explained to Nancy, hoping that she would catch onto the point and that she would change her mind. He knew that there was no way they were all going to make it out alive if they went back in there, and he couldn't understand why Nancy didn't see that. She just seemed to be playing it all off like it was just going to be one nice piece of cake and they wouldn't have any problems.

"And for good reason," Robin added as she pushed herself off the couch. There was no way that she was going to let Adira go back in there, not after how close she had come to dying the last time that she went in there, "we were wrong about Vecna... Henry... One," she stuttered out as she tried to figure out what the best thing to call him would be, there was just so much new information that it was all getting muddled up in her mind, "I'm sorry, what are we calling him now?"