Trouble

There was a singular light up in the attic, it was hanging in the center of the room, quickly flickering in front of the teens as they slowly walked closer to it, hesitating slightly with every single step that they took. The buzz from the light was softly echoing around the room, creating an eerie aura as Eddie and Adira shared a small look, trying to figure out if this was a good idea or not. 

The group of teenagers all walked closer and closer to the light in the middle of the room, when suddenly the flashlights in their hands all began to go off, flashing in time with the light bulb, though most of them were paying too much attention to the attic light to even realise.

"Flashlights," Dustin commented quickly, he was the first one to notice as he looked down at his own flashlight, flickering in his hand. They all looked down at their torches and realised what he was talking about, they circled around the hanging light bulb and the light from their torches got brighter and brighter as they raised their torches up near the light. 

They held the lights about 20 centimetres away from the bulb but stopped as they no longer flickered and instead just shone brightly as i everything were normal.

"Okay, what is happening?" Steve muttered out as he took a step back but kept his torch in the middle near all the other ones. He didn't like the idea of this, this was the largest reaction from the lights that they had gotten so far, meaning that they were right were Vecna was on the otherside, "okay I think that we should get out of here now, that's enough, we can come back tomorrow, its getting late and I really don't like this."

"Steve, we cant just go, we need to figure this out so that we can keep Max safe," Adira told her brother sternly as she shook her head over at him, "we need to stay here." She was determined to make sure that Maxine stayed safe and got out of this alive, they were onto something here and she wanted to figure out what it was before they had another encounter with Vecna.

"Nope," Steve said, shaking his head. He had, had enough and he wasn't going to risk all of their lives being there, "Come on, I think that it's time we go back, you take your car and take you and Munson back to the boat house if you want, but I think that we have all been here long enough for today, let's go back. We found out heaps more today, we can go back and talk about what we know now," Steve said to them

"I think that might actually be a good idea," Nancy agreed as they began to walk away from the bulb in the middle of the room that was still flickering slightly, "you two should go back to the boathouse, Robin and I will go to the library and read up on some more stuff and then the boys and Max can go back and try and figure out a plan for tomorrow."

"But we are getting so close to figuring more out! why would we leave now?" Adira asked in confusion before looking around at the group and noticing how tired and scared they all looked. They were all just teenagers, they were too young for this, they should be off living their lives happily and carelessly yet here they all were, getting ready for a battle against monsters from another dimension, "Yeah no, you're right, lets all just head back and have a rest, we can continue tomorrow," Adira said a small sigh of defeat falling from her lips.

"Alright, you can drive you and Munson, I'll drive the others, its probably better to not have him out and about for too long, it won't be long before people find out that Eddie is the number one suspect," Steve said and Adira nodded her head. Steve walked up to her and placed a brotherly kiss on the top of her head, "be safe okay, and don't do anything stupid, did you end up getting food?"

"Yeah I put a bunch of stuff in the boot from our house, we will be right for now," Adira said and gave her brother a quick hug before grabbing her keys out of her back pocket and turning to Max and Lucas, walking over to them and putting a hand on each of their shoulders, "you too need to take good care of each other okay, I'm proud of you both, I'm proud of all of you," she said as she turned to give Dustin a grin, "this is a lot, but we have gotten this far."