Charlie reached forward to grab her hand only Saffron pulled it away.

Charlie hated seeing her like this, he had seen her in tears so many times, and now knowing they were over him, he was crushed.

"I know you think, and everyone else thinks, that I said those things on purpose, but I never said them. I never even thought them. Ever. And yeah I was hurt, but I would never want to cause you any pain. Saffron you were the greatest girlfriend I've ever had. I was a crap boyfriend. And kissing you is like getting a taste of what heaven is like.

"I never spread that rumour. And the dance, I didn't-"

"I don't want to talk about last night. Really Charlie I don't. I am exhausted," Saffron said, still not meeting his eyes, knowing it would hurt too much.

"Then what do you want?" Charlie asked.

"I want to clear the air. I want you to know I'm not mad at you," Saffron said. It was partially true, though she was a little mad, but more at herself than Charlie.

"I'm not mad at you either," Charlie said.

"Good, friends then?" Saffron asked, finally finding the courage to pick her head up and meet Charlie's eyes.

"Yeah," Charlie's hand shook hers, sending the usual tingles up her arm and down her spine.

"Good," Saffron nodded. "Uhm, I am still really tired, so I think I'm going to go back to uhm sleep," Saffron said awkwardly, eyes back on the duvet.

"Oh yeah, ok then. Uhm, see you then," Charlie said, standing up and going over to the door. "Rest well."

"Thanks," Saffron nodded, waiting until he closed the door and his footsteps disappeared before bursting into tears.

Sobbing into her pillow she asked herself what had happened.

She wondered what she had done, why had she done this? It was her fault all of this happened. Had she overreacted that night when she told Charlie she was sick of finding lies?

She found herself regretting breaking up with him in the first place.

None of this would have ever happened if she hadn't broken up with him.

But would they have worked out? Would they have been ok?

Saffron knew they would have, they always would be ok. But her insecurities hid this fact from her, leading her to believe that no. She didn't deserve Charlie, he deserved someone better, prettier.

But Lenard, did he really think she was better? Was she better for Charlie?

No, she knew this. Lenard didn't have Charlie's best interests at heart, only her own.

Tossing and turning, Saffron knew she wasn't going to get back to sleep.

Seeing Charlie today had reminded her of what she had lost.

She could see the sadness that was in his eyes. But she could never put him through pain again. She never wanted to do that.

Charlie left Saffron's house feeling as though he got no where. Why hadn't he been the slightest bit more forceful? He wished he had of tried to convince her to let him explain himself. He really was going to kill Curtis. He had a damn lot to do with it and god help him if he ran into Curtis today. Getting home he slammed the front door.

"Gee Charlie, I'm pretty sure you could have closed it gently," Dan said, coming to meet Charlie with a mug of hot tea in his hand.

"Not the day for it," Charlie growled.

"Talking to Saffron didn't go so well" he asked and Charlie groaned, collapsing onto the couch and putting his head in his hands.

"Not at all. She basically just told me we are friends. Friends? I went there to explain myself and she doesn't want to hear it. How am I ever meant to make sure she understands," Charlie said.

"Well, if you could come down for one moment and remember this. Saffron is a women, women are constantly clouded by insecurities. That's not to say we aren't, but Saffron being who she is and what's happened to her, well you know what I mean, don't hate me man. But she needs time to process things,She needs time to go through everything running through her mind.

"Women's minds don't stop when it comes to these situations. I bet you she is still crying and not being able to forget or whatever. But give her some time. Not too much time, she'll think you're not that concerned.

"All I'm trying to say is, don't give up Charlie. Youguys love each other and love is more powerful than whatever else is between you guys," Dan finished his rant.

"Why don't we talk about girls?" Charlie shook his head and Dan clapped him on the back.

"That's why," Dan chuckled.

A/N Sorry I was meant to write up a chapter last night, I was so exhausted though! I'm coming down with the flu to which is a real pain in the butt!

Anyways, I can't wait for you guys to see what will happen next! I am so excited haha.

For now though thank you for reading and I love you all!

Oh and by the way, this chapter is dedicated to... DamHunterofArtemis Thank you!

Love, love xoxox