61|| Her Dominance -Shortlived

Comincia dall'inizio

Elijah's brows shot upwards then as if it was instinctive, he lost that little bit of steam and slouched over. "You're...not being nice."

Sophia immediately leaned over to his side with a pout, "I...I was only joking~"

"Really?" As he said that, Sophia picked up the strange glint in his eyes and immediately knew he was about to pounce. Before she could scurry away, he grabbed her. Sophia squealed as she was hauled off the sofa by her waist.

"That joke really hurt Sophie, won't you make it up to me-" Elijah's voice was as coaxing as ever, the type that could make one unable to refute or refuse. He leaned back and even while relaxing, he made sure to not release his hold on either sides of her waist.

Sophia laughed dryly and rolled her eyes. She grabbed his hands and pried them off. "You need to up your game, Eli -you're becoming so predictable."

She leaned forward and fell into his chest. As she made herself comfortable, she steered the subject right into it's prior direction. "I still can't believe you spent your entire uni life just...like that, then graduated only to do nothing else." Sophia was muttering and although her voice was muffled in his shirt, she knew he heard every word.

And he did. His hands rose to the small off her back and he chuckled, "Like...what?"

"Like a nerd," Sophia muttered under her breath.

"Hm?"

Sophia thought for a second then looked up with a frown, "You have no friends." She pointed out, not mincing her words in the slightest. Both of his eyebrows flew upwards but before he could give his rebuttal, Sophia slapped a hand over his mouth, "And you graduated far earlier than I did from mine- you're such a brilliant man Eli-!" She offered compliments witha smile.

Elijah still looked a little taken aback at her former words, yet he didn't look as bothered as a normal person would've been. He took her hand that was still gently plastered over the lower half of his face and kissed it, all without breaking their gazes.

Elijah smiled, "...It's not that I don't have friends-" he began and Sophia couldn't help but notice how he regarded that word a little distatefully. "It's just that within my line of work, even the most genuine and unalloyed of friendships can turn sour where profits and money is involved -and I've experienced it first hand too."

Sophia rolled her eyes, exhaling a huff of breath, "Well I know that but still," she adjusted her position and drew closer with a raised brow, "No friends? -I can't imagine not having Kayla or Seong, now I think what you need to see is the beauty of friendship from an outside perspective-"

"I'm...quite fine Sophia."

Sophia shook her head then after another minute, she paused in sudden realization. Sophia sat up to look at him properly. Her eyes then narrowed down to slits, "Wait, you...liar!"

For a second there he had her believing he was a nerd on his best behavior throughout his life of college and the like. However, that didn't cover everything. For instance, his tattoos alone could make that statement collapse at its foundation.

Elijah sat up straight, his brow were knitted all of a sudden as if he couldn't understand her sudden change. "Sophia?"

Sophia wanted to put two and tow together so she spoke slowly, "You said you only studied harder than most and graduated early, I don't believe some of that part. I bet you were a party animal somewhere along that timeframe-!"

Elijah looked dumbfounded at first then he began with a laugh,"Baseless accusations." Sophia however, was seriously considering it.

Elijah the party animal.