Accident

Billie and I were at the park, she was making sand castles in a sandbox. "Look y/n!" "Wow good job Bils!" I say looking at this small mound of sand with a stick on the top. "It's a masterpiece!!" She says laughing. "It sure is." I found it so cute when Billie is carefree and a child at heart. "Look at this!" She takes off a plastic crab mold. "Wow looks great Billie." She blushes. Then she grabs a yellow plastic shovel and begins digging. "What are you going to make now?" "I'm gonna see how deep I can dig! Maybe I'll reach the center of the earth!" I chuckle thinking she was kidding around. I realize she wasn't when she keeps on digging and concentrating. I notice her fidgeting and kept changing positions. "Billie, you okay?" She stops and looks at me. "Yes, why?" "You seem like you're uncomfortable." "I'm okay y/n" "okay well we should get going soon." She whines "Nooo I don't wanna leave!!" "Baby, the sun is starting to set, we need to go back home." She pouts and nods. She continues digging and gasps. "Look what I found!!" She holds up a rock. "Woww!" I say. "I wanna take it home with me!!" She stands up on her knees to put the rock in. I notice a dark spot on her denim pants. I wonder if she sat on something wet. I look around, the sand was completely dry. I don't remember Billie spilling on herself either. Was it a shadow? I look again closely. That's definitely not a shadow. Why didn't she say anything? Maybe she's embarrassed. Should I bring it up? I feel like I should say something before we leave. "Look y/n I found more rocks!!" I snap out of my thoughts hearing her call my name. "Wow that's a lot." "I'm gonna have a whole rock collection!" She says with a handful of rocks. She gets up a little to put them in her pockets. The spot is a little bigger than before. "Bils, you don't have to pretend." "Huh?" She looks at me confused. "It's okay Bils, sometimes it happens. She stares at me blankly. Now I'm confused. "Billie I'm not grossed out, I'm here for you." She just stares at me. "Why don't we go home and you can change out of your clothes." "Why?" "D-didn't you have an accident?" I ask. She shakes her head. "Baby, it's okay you don't have to pretend. Sometimes it happens." "I -I didn't." I look at her not knowing what to say. "Well let's just go home since it's getting late." She pouts but then stands up. She quickly grabs my hand and follows me to the car. I notice her walking uncomfortably. I don't know what to say but I'm worried. We get to the car and go in. She looks at me before starting the car. "You gonna buckle in?" I ask. She looks down at her feet. I end up buckling her in earning a smile.

We get home and Billie empties out her pockets placing the rocks on her nightstand. Admiring the shapes and colors. I see her pants darkening. She doesn't seem bothered by it or is pretending not to notice. "Bils?" I walk over to her. "Look at my rock collection!!" She says excitedly. "It's beautiful! So Um do you need to change your clothes?" She shakes her head. "I'm okay y/n." "You don't need to be embarrassed Bils." She pouts and looks at me with tears forming. "Aww honey it's okay!!" She cries into my arms. "Shhh it's okay Bils. I would never judge you. Just want to help you." She sniffles. After a few minutes she looks at me. "C-can you help?" "With?" "Change clothes." "Of course." She smiles. I go to her dresser and get a pair of black sweatpants and clean underwear. She starts getting undressed. I'm a bit taken back, she was never the type to do this. "I um need to go more." "You don't have to tell me, just go." I say. "Can um you keep watch so the monsters don't come out?" My eyes went wide. Did I hear correctly? Maybe something is going on. "Uhh yeah of course!" She smiles and quickly goes to the bathroom. I notice her giggling and swinging her legs. She doesn't close the door. I try not to look, didn't want to invade her privacy. "Okay Im all done!" "Good job!" I say. "Help please?" She asks. I'm confused again but I walk in. "What do you need help with?" She blushes and points to the toilet paper. I rip a piece of toilet paper and fold it trying to give it to her. She stares at me blankly. "Can you do it?" She asks quietly. "Are you sure?" She nods. "Okay if you say so.." I cautiously clean her up and flush the toilet while she washes her hands. Making a mess playing with the water. "Hey Bils, um watch it with the water." She pouts and turns it off. Then runs off into the bedroom. She crashes on the bed laughing and going under the covers. I watch her trying to figure out what's happening. I had never seen my girlfriend display this kind of behavior. "Hey billie, why don't you put some clothes on." She shakes her head and giggles. "C'mon, it's not nice to not wear any bottoms." "Okay." She slowly gets out of bed. I help her put her underwear and pants on. "Yay!" She jumps up and down clapping her hands. She then crawls on the floor and pretends to be a dog. "Arf arff! Im a puppy!" "You sure are!" She pants and crawls around more. Crawling under the bed and pulling out a box. I watch her as she opens it, and takes out some baby toys. She presses a pink butterfly that plays a tune. "This my favorite!!" "Aww cute!" "Hey Bils, where did you get these?" "I dunno." She shrugs and continues playing with her toys. Giggling and now on her stomach kicking her legs. I don't know what to do but I didn't want to leave her alone in this state. I go on our bed looking through my phone and watching her play. Eventually she falls asleep playing with her Barbie's. I decide to let her sleep while I cooked dinner. I end up making us spaghetti.

Billie's POV
I wake up on the floor wiping my mouth with the back of my hand. I look around confused. I see my toys laid out and I smell spaghetti. I start to feel embarrassed that my girlfriend saw me regressing. I hope she doesn't think I'm weird. I hear her coming so I pretend to sleep again. "Hey baby time to wake up." She gently shakes me. "Mhmmm!" I whine. "C'mon it's dinner time. I made your favorite, spaghetti!" I open my eyes and can't help to smile. I guess y/n didn't care about how I was. I didn't wanna bring it up. I slowly get up and follow her to the dining room. "Mhmm smells amazing baby." I say wrapping my arms around her. "Thank you, just wanted to make you happy." "I'm always happy with you." I let her go and go to my chair. We eat in silence. Until Y/N speaks, so "earlier whatever that was I support you." "Y/N um I age regress." She looks at me confused. I can't help to laugh. "Basically certain things will make me feel like a toddler again. It's cause of...trauma." My heart beats fast not knowing what she'd think of me. "Aww baby, I love you no matter what. I was confused but I still helped cause that's how much I love you." I smile and lean over to kiss her, our lips meeting in the middle.