☁ // 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐨𝐧 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥

You were 7000 km away. Zip code 4801 that differed from his greatly. Across the largest ocean in the world, in the smallest continent. So many numbers and the only number keeping you two connected was only 10 digits long. You were in the gorgeous, sandy white oasis of the Whitsunday's while Miya was still in Japan.

When you were up and ready for a day filled with walks on the boardwalk, swimming with stingrays and volleyball on the beach, Miya was snug under the blankets, getting ready for bed. And while he was up and getting ready for the day, you were exhausted, under the sheets after a nice warm shower and the faint feeling of sand stuck between your shoes and crevices of your bunk.

"It's a special getaway for our grade for only for 2 weeks, I'll be back for the last week of holiday, and I'll spend it with you, I swear," you had said to him before you left.

"You'll call every night, promise?"

"Promise."

And you had kept that promise dearly, you would always have time for him, but sadly the calls only lasted 5-10 minutes before one of you was whisked away for the 9:30am, booked activity or the soothing siren of sleep.

Texts were sent and missed, replies coming across every 2 hours. You were always busy with activities, and he was always going about his day. Besides, it was your special trip with your class, Miya didn't want to ruin that for you and take up too much of your time. You deserved that much.

But after 10 long days of brief communication and dozens of missed messages, the stars finally aligned and on a chilly, Saturday afternoon for Miya, he was free as were you at 9pm by your bedside window.

"How cool is this Miya? It's a window, and there's also a little seated area by it!! When I'm buying my own house, this is a must-have," you beamed as you showcased the room you were in.

He smiled, "It looks cosy, that's a huge room though, how many of you are sharing?"

"It was meant to be 4 but one of the girls went home with food poisoning. So, it's just the three of us. But tonight, the other girls are out until 1am at some fireworks show they practically begged the teachers to bring them to, so it's just me here until then!"

Miya smiled seeing you recount the day and what's happened so far. The sun had brought out a warm tint to your skin and your lips were smooth and pink. Your skin looked fantastic and bright and you looked so happy.

"And guess what- I saw a WHALE. AN ACTUAL WHALE, ALL UP CLOSE. And there are these beautiful things called koalas and we went to a zoo and saw them and- aw Miya they are ADORABLE." You had sent Miya pictures along with the call and he had saved them all. He couldn't tell what was cuter, you or the koala (definitely you, your smile was just out of this world in that picture).

You had asked about his day and he waved it off, saying it was just 'the same as ever' and that he would 'rather hear what great Aussie adventures you had gotten up to.'

It was adorable, seeing your face, lighting up as you recount the wonderful beach holiday. Viewing the starry night sky on a picnic blanket at the beach, snuggled up beneath cosy blankets, whispering with your friends. Walking through a boardwalk with the chill, ADJECTIVE evening air flurrying in your face as you browsed the market stalls and amusement rides stationed on either side of you. Learning various craft and meeting the locals who taught you new experiences on the way. You were having a fantastic time. Miya wasn't jealous of you, quite the opposite, in fact, he was happy for you. He was just yearning to be there with you.

"It's beautiful here Miya, there's only one thing missing," you said.

"Don't say me, that's the cheesiest shit I'll ever hear."