thirteen

[ like crazy jimin ]

the water was so cold.

cold enough for wooyoung to realize where he really was.

he exhaled in the water and floated to the top. he had hit his leg pretty hard on a rock underneath the water, and it was throbbing by the time his body rose to the surface.

wooyoung now laid on the shore, which was a mix of wet sand and dirt. he reluctantly turned himself upward, staring at the stars above him. he was breathing shakily, and never felt more exhausted in his life. all he could do was focus on how badly his leg was hurting. well —- at least he was thinking about something actually in his control.

he stayed in that same spot until morning came.

the only time wooyoung moved was to wave his hand dismissively when people passing by would stop and ask him if he needed any help.

the pain in his leg never subsided, but wooyoung's mind drifted off into a blank state. he had no desire to think about san, yeosang, or the fact that his favorite person in the world was no longer with him.

eventually, once the sun was fully up and kinda burning his skin, he decided to finally get up. every step he took with his right leg resulted in a shooting pain going all the way up to his thigh, but he didn't let that stop him. wooyoung was still sopping wet, despite having laid in the sun since the morning. slowly and stoically, wooyoung stumbled all the way back to his house. people on the street gave him such weird looks, but he kept his gaze solely in front of him.

when wooyoung finally got into his house, the first thing he noticed was how unwelcoming it felt. he hadn't gotten that vibe in a really long time, and didn't want to remind himself why. the sun was shining so brightly today, but the home had never felt colder and darker. he took a deep breath and slowly made his way up the stairs and to the bathroom.

wooyoung took a shower defeatedly and with no energy. he felt like time was going by so slowly. he still couldn't hear right —- as if he had been wearing headphones all day. his headache was returning, stronger than before, but wooyoung didn't feel like taking his painkillers. not this time. what was even the point? who did he have to feel better for?

he thought that after his shower, his leg would feel better.

it didn't.

now that wooyoung was finally able to look down clearly, he saw his ankle was discolored and pretty swollen. with an annoyed sigh, wooyoung kept the lump in his throat down and trudged back down the stairs. it would've been a lot easier for him to go to his room and rest in there, but he didn't want to see his room. he didn't want to see minji's room. he didn't want to be here in general, but there was no way he was going to make it to the motel with his leg like this.

wooyoung spent the next three days on his sofa.

he didn't eat. he didn't move. he didn't do a single thing besides sleep, stare at the ceiling, and wince at the throbbing pain in his leg. he was cold and he was exhausted despite the sleep he was getting. it was dead silent in that home, and wooyoung felt like he might just go insane. but he had no energy even feed himself, much less to find a way to make noise.