chapter 19.

I walk into my bedroom after Ella dropped me and the first thing I notice once I step inside is the huge box on my bed with a note on it.

Walking slowly towards it I pick the note and I read.

The dress should fit you well princess. I hope I made the right choice for you. ~Arnold.

I place the note aside and I open the box revealing the black silk dress that makes me smile despite myself. I stand in front of the mirror and I place it in front of me.

It is so beautiful. The silk is so soft that I can't help but run my fingers on it.
Placing the dress back in the box I walk into the bathroom after stripping naked. I really need to shower ASAP. the sweat is making my hair stick to my forehead and I pull off the band before standing under the warm shower.

I apply the shower gel on myself and I rub the dirt of from my head down to my legs and I let the warm water run the soap off my body.

The water is so warm and it makes my muscles relax I keep standing for a whole lot minute before turning off the shower and I walk out of the bathroom after brushing my teeth.

I put on a black tank top and a booty short and some happy socks before walking down stairs to find something to eat.

Am starving.

Nobody is in the living room so I walk straight into the kitchen where I find nanny preparing lunch and he smile brightens up when she spots me.

She is like a mom to me. Mom used to treat her like her own sister and even mom's death affected her so much.

“hey nanny. ” I greet kissing her cheek.

“hey dear.” she greets back and walks to the sink to clean her hands. “where have you been? I didn't see you at the dinning table when your father and Jim were having breakfast.”

“I went for a jog. ” I answer briefly avoiding the long story.

“that was some pretty long jog.” she says placing some pancakes on a plate and pouring coffee into my favorite mug. She never misses to give me my favorite mug.

“tell me about it.” I respond hoisting myself on the  stool at the kitchen island already biting on the pancake after pouring some syrup on it. “at least it made me clear my mind. ”

Honestly the training made me forget alot of things that were creating a fog in my head. I should do that often. It is doing good on me.

“I can tell that you are glowing today.” she observes getting back to chopping some onions. “your dad has been asking for you. ” she says when the silence stretches and I turn my attention to her.

“is he okay?” I ask realizing it has been days before I checked in on him.

I feel guilty for abandoning my dad. I should go check on him after am done here.
“he is in fact better. The rest his doctor prescribed is doing him some good.”

He has not been taking part in any mafia business, Barry took complete control over the business and made dad not leave home in an attempt to go have some meetings.

The one thing that we all agreed about.

I take the last sip of coffee off my mug and I get off the seat. “I'll chop some fruits for him.” I say walking to a cabinet and retreaving the apples, pineapples, oranges and grapes.

I place all of them on a plate and I clean my hands before picking the plate and walking out. “see you later nanny.” I say and nanny smiles noding at me.