Chapter 16

Derek's POV

After she was sleeping peacefully i left her room and went to my room, it was 3:45AM and i chose to get some sleep instead of working late. I went to bed exhausted and soon drifted off to sleep.

The next morning i got ready for work and about to head downstairs for breakfast but i made my way to Mia's room to see if she's okay.

I swung open the door and didn't see her on her bed maybe she went to the washroom to fresh up. I waited there to her to come out. The second i heard the door open of the bathroom door i stood up and went to her and pull her in my arms "Good morning sunshine, did you sleep well?" She rested her head on my chest and said "I slept fine and morning to you too."

After we done for the breakfast, i left for work and she went to the library. I ordered my bodyguards to keep an eye on her, if anyone tries to break into my apartment (well no one can break into, i installed high security system) and tried to hurt her they'll kill them after i investigate about it.

I decided to go home and have lunch with her. I unlock the door and open and saw her in living room sleeping on the couch, i sat beside her and caressing her cheeks. She shot her eyes open and throw a pillow at me as if she was scared of someone hurting her. I sat beside her and said "hey it's me, you don't have to be scared of me. I would never hurt you, sunshine."

She looked straight into my eyes and part her lips to say something but didn't, i hold her against me and assuring her that she's safe with me and will fight to anybody who hurt her.

While we were having lunch i got a text message from my investigator it says,

I opened a video mark sent me and I was shocked but angry more after seeing that guy hurting my princess, i won't rest until i kill him

As I was staring at my phone she called out to me and bring me back to reality "Hey what's wrong?" Instead of telling her the truth i told her it's nothing. I felt so bad that she had dealt with this cruelty in her past and maybe that's what her nightmare was about.