Chapter 62: The Help of Demeter V

Start from the beginning

"It's Charles! I love him!"

Johnny's anger become worse as he already heard the truth. He tapped the table hardly with his two hands, and it makes those plates and glasses shake from the impact. Then, he went in front of Jane and slapped her in her cheek. That time, she felt the pain not just emotionally, but physically as well. It was too much abuse she felt from her father that time, there's nothing that she can't do but to cry. Then, Johnny yelled at her after he slapped his daughter...

"You bastard! You didn't even use your mind, you even dared to love that garbage's son?! You are such a useless idiot!"

But Jane cried but she still managed to fight for herself...

"I don't care what you are going to say anymore dad, but I refuse that marriage! There is no other man that I loved but only Charles!"

Johnny will never give Jane her freedom. Instead of letting her go, he even threatened her...

"Just try to refuse, or else I will bring chaos to his father's farm, and I will destroy all of his crops no matter what! Now, are you going to marry Ace, and everything will be going to be okay, or refused and his farm will be destroyed?"

Jane was frightened from that threat and what will happen if she's going to refuse. She really loved Charles, but this time, there's nothing that Jane can do but to end her relationship with Charles for her sacrifice. Jane must do it for him, so that there will be no danger that will come upon them. Jane didn't answer back her father anymore, but she just ran away from her room. She immediately lay in her bed and cried while she hugged her soft pillow. The life was such unfair for her. In Jane's mind, she thinks that what sin she has committed, and she felt this kind of miserable life. She is rich, but she lives like a slave. She lives like a princess, but it seems that slaves have more freedom than her. That whole night, she just cried and can't even rest peacefully, for fear is coming upon her.

Another day have passed, it was in the morning, I am teaching all these farmers about techniques and knowledge about growing and taking care of these crops. All of them are dedicated to listen and learn from what I am telling them. But they're not just listened, but they learned a lot from what I am telling them, and it was such a relief feeling for me. After that, when all of us will rest for a while, I entered inside the house for a rest and stayed in the living room while sitting in a very comfy sofa.

But Neal and Charles exactly entered the house...

"Demeter, you're already here. Look, I brought something for you." Neal told me.

Then, I saw he carried some leaves in his hand. So, I wondered what is that for. There, I asked him...

"What is that for?"

"This leaves is good for making a tea, and this drink is made from all of us, the farmers." Neal replied with confident.

I was looking forward for that, so, I told him...

"Sure, looking forward to taste it."

Then, Neal went to kitchen to make a tea for us. First, he put the leaves in a mortar and grind it using the pestle. Then, he puts all those grinded leaves in a very tiny pack used for a tea and soak it in a cup with a hot water in it. Then, here, he served it to us while resting in the living room...

"There you go, the best tea that was made here in our farm.

I tasted that hot tea that Neal made for us. And it was a surprise, this tea was such tasty and delicious. It was such great as the wine of Dionysus, indeed. That's why I praised Neal...