Chapter 62: The Help of Demeter V

Chapter 62 
The Help of Demeter V

(Demeter's P.O.V)

The evening was arrived that time, then Johnny finally went home from the meeting with his business partner, Ace. Instead of peace and comfort, he will bring chaos and sadness to his own daughter's life. Poor Jane, she's living like a puppet, but not as a human. This Johnny controls everything in his daughter's life, it was such cruel and unreasonable! He even made an agreement for the marriage between her daughter and Ace. Johnny don't even think about Jane's happiness and it's effect on her emotion and mind.

It was exactly dinner, while the father and daughter eating the meal together in their dining table. This is the time that Jane's miserable life is about to happen. Johnny is about to tell Jane the fixed marriage that will happen. Here, Johnny told his daughter...

"Jane, I want to tell you something."

"What is it, dad?" Jane asked him.

Here, Johnny begins to tell it and he is even proud of it...

"I already realized that it's about time for you to marry and have a husband."

Jane was nervous from what her father told her. So, her eyes were widened and asked...

"What do you mean, dad?"

Then, Johnny replied...

"I talked with my business partner earlier and your marriage is fixed. How glad I am for finally you will get married."

Jane didn't like it, for it is already her right to marry someone that she only loves, but not forced by anyone. So, she did her best to fight for herself. Jane also knew that this business partner he talks about was same age as her father. So, she stood up and answered back her father...

"I'm sorry dad, but I don't love him, and I am not agreeing to this!"

But Johnny was enraged from what his daughter told him, then he replied...

"How dare you to answer me like that? Where is your respect?!"

Jane cried from what happened and from what her father will do for her. So, she still fights for her right and said...

"But dad, it is I must decide to love a man that my heart will tell!"

"I am doing this for your own good and future! If you marry Ace, then your life will not be in poverty and your richness will maintain!" Johnny replied.

Jane didn't understand it anymore, she can't see that there is for her own good from what her father decides for her, but it was no freedom and slavery after all. But she knows that there is a man who is already in her heart, and she loves truly. If you love someone, you must fight for it. Johnny didn't know their one-year relationship that were hidden for a long time. So, that's what Jane must do that time. So, she answered her father...

"But I already loved someone else."

Johnny was surprised as he heard that his daughter was in loved to someone. After all this time, Jane hides him a secret, and he didn't like it. And he will hate it more if he finds out about the lover of her daughter. So, he was angrily asked his daughter...

"After all these time, you are hiding something from me? Tell me who is that man who gets your heart, tell me!"

Jane was nervous to tell it, but she can't hide her secret anymore. She really loves Charles, so she must proclaim it with bravery and courage, for love must be like that. So, she told her father about her lover without hesitation...