Thirty-Seven

Note: I'm so sorry that there are so many Mikaelson's kids but hey, once I wrote one the rest just came up and brought themselves into the story. I also didn't like the idea that Hope was alone and that she needed her family a lot during legacies. Also, it's my story so I won't have her alone and give her more family. 

Now back to the story. Happy reading. 

Warning - Blood - violence - death - grief 

Edited August 2023

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

My eyes fluttered open as I heard the pounding of my own heart and the ringing in my ears. I felt my hand touching something wet and my vision was white when I opened my eyes then color came and there was something beside me, something my hand was in... some pool of water? No, not some pool of water. 

I turned my It was blood. For a moment I couldn't remember anything but when I moved my hand and saw the brown curly hair laying beside me. 

Oh god... the memory of what happened began coming back in pieces. piercing my head and began drowning me. 

I then began coughing and heard nothing but my ears ringing voices.

There were men who broke in. No, not men. Werewolves. Werewolves broke into the house... Kaleb's house. Werewolves from Hayley and Jackson's pack. 

An eye for an eye. A life for a life. 

They wanted revenge for Aiden's death. I closed my eyes and leaned against something. 

Werewolves... revenge... Kaleb, Henrik.... wait Kaleb!

I gasped and flung my eyes open finally able to see the blurry blob that I knew was Kaleb's hair. 

"K-Kal..." I said then reached over and gripped onto his shoulder. 'K-kaleb, wake up," I begged hearing my voice echoing and croaking. "Kaleb..." my voice whispered out. 

I used all my strength to shake him harder, feeling numb pain surging through me. And yet somehow my vision was getting better, my senses were coming back and the pain was easing up. 

It was when my vision came mostly back that I noticed the reed on my hands. I wasn't in a pool of water. I was laying beside a pool of blood. 

Blood that wasn't mine. No. No... No. No. No. Please... 

"Kaleb," I whispered loudly shaking him harder as I slowly rolled to my side. "W-wake up.... please. Kal!"

But nothing happened. I mustered up all my strength and pushed through whatever numbing pain was screaming at my body to crawl over to Kaleb. 

I didn't care for the blood as I edge my way toward Kaleb and then rested my head on his chest. I waited to hear anything from inside his chest but it was silent. I closed my eyes and clung to his shirt. 

"No..." I began sobbing. "No, you c-can't be d-dead, Kal. Please... don't be dead." I pleaded. 

There were loud footsteps. I closed my eyes and braced myself for the attackers but then I heard a familiar voice. 

"Darling!"

I opened my eyes and look over. "Kol?" my voice hoarse out. 

I saw my husband rushing in, then came towards me. I saw the look in his eyes when they landed on Kaleb's face that all but just confirmed my worst fears. I closed my eyes and began sobbing out holding onto my best friend's body.