Twenty-Eight

Note: here's the next chapter enjoy!

Edited April 2023

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

"So this where you and Kol snuck off to?" Klaus said while standing at the doorway.

I scoffed while helping Cami place Davina up on the couch then Cami began checking her head. I walked up to my husband's brother while Cami kept her eyes on me.

"Well, it's not like Davina likes you very much. And besides, we were going to head back in the morning."

Klaus's eyes drifted over to Kol's unconscious state. "You're doing?"

"No," I told him. "I..." I looked at Kol. "He just won't wake up."

"How convenient."

I glared at Klaus. "We're not lying Klaus."

"I'll be the judge of that."

I scoffed and looked away. "You're unbelievable."

"Wait," Cami came over she looked at me then at Klaus. "You knew she was alive, didn't you?"

"Barely," I replied. "I was barely alive because a hex was destroying me and it almost did. It did with the babies. So my husband and his brother thought it was better that I had to get out of town and find a decent witch who was already involved with black magic to get it removed."

"Kol lost his mind--"

"Quite the opposite, he was quite sane during that massacre," Klaus said calmly. 

"Oh, Clarissa... I'm so sorry--"

"I'm going to check on Davina and my husband," I said cutting Cami off. 

We all had parts to play we had to keep the kids safe and that meant while Esther was still roaming about that she could not under ant circumstance know that they are alive. 

"Leave her be, Cami," Klaus spoke to her. 

I went to grab my grimoires and began doing spells to figure out what was wrong with Kol. Why the hell wasn't he waking up? I mean there was nothing to siphon from other than his vampire side. His body was basically hollow, it was like he wasn't there, but he should be. 

"I'm assuming Davina didn't release Mikael," Klaus said. 

I glanced up at him and nodded. "He was going to kill Kol if I didn't comply."

I began doing a spell but nothing. 

"I think I know what is wrong," Klaus said. 

I rolled my eyes and turned towards him. "Now, you help."

"Has he said anything to you?" Klaus asked. 

What was he talking about? "You're going to have to be more specific. Told me what?"

"Why what Esther has offered us all of her children?" Klaus replied as if I should've known it. "A life full of promises and forgiveness. Really, she wants to place us in human bodies to give us a chance at a new life. Away from all the madness we've created."

I glanced at Kol's body and then back at Klaus. "No, Kol wouldn't accept that."

"Wouldn't he?" Klaus asked. 

"Kol wouldn't accept a deal without telling me," I told him while standing up. "Esther wouldn't-" I stopped myself and sighed. When did anything ever stop Esther from getting what she wants? Including trying to convince her reblious son who wouldn't dare listen to her. She would force him to listen.