Jealousy (Phun)

The Dog Tag business

The days without Noh are different. It's weird. He wasn't there for 17 years. Then he was, just a short while.

And everything changed.

I think that I might have changed.

After mine and Noh's breakup-which-wasn't-a-breakup-since-the-thing-between-us-wasn't-an-actual-relationship, I have been feeling blue.

A couple of days have passed since.

Classes, Student council, home, sleep, wake up. It feels kind like everything is back to normal.

But this normal seems to miss something. Before Noh, I wasn't missing anything, I was happy and content.

Then Noh showed up and turned my life upside down and then disappeared as fast. Life should have picked up where it was paused. But it didn't.

Somehow, my life suddenly felt unsatisfying. Lacking.

It's not that we broke all contact or anything like that. We just don't run into each other in school very often.

When we do, we say hello and sometimes exchange a few words before rushing off to our classes. But it's not the same.

Noh tries to act like nothing has happened and I play along in order to not make him uncomfortable.

I don't know how much this affects him. He seems normal.

Though, he gives me weird looks so I guess my eyes might tell something that I'm not saying out loud.

I try to search for answers in his, but I can't see any. It worries me more than I can say.

I sigh and put an end to the nagging thoughts for now. I have to get a move on and haul myself over to the Student Council office.

The guys from the cheer team have picked up the memento souvenirs for the soccer competition and we need to check them out.

When I open the door to the office and enter, Fi and Bank (the vice president of the Student Council) are already there,

as well as Earn, the Captain of the Cheer Team and two of his underlings. All of them are inspecting the dog tags which we've ordered.

I pick one up as well and find them to be quite nice. We decided to go for this gift this year and I feel that we made a good choice.

They're both pretty and cool at the same time, made of steel with an attached chain. One side is plain, the other says "All is one".

I'd gladly wear one myself and I'm a picky person.

-"Nice. Good choice, Earn."

The idea came from him originally and I am happy that we chose to go for his suggestion.

The Student Council and Cheer Team were responsible for this part and the cooperation went smoothly.

I don't know Earn well but he seems to be a decent guy, always friendly and cheery.

Right now, he's excitedly rummaging through the dogtags, checking that they're all ok.

-"Hey P'Earn - where did you disappear last night? We we're looking for you when we were leaving, but you'd already left:"

One of the 10'th graders (at least I think they're in 10;th) asks the Cheer Team Captain.

That said Captain makes a peculiar face and looks straight at me, while he says something that suddenly gives him all my attention.