Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"Okay now we will announce everyone's cabins and counselors." Suzanne said smiling. When they got to Leslie's table everyone looked at each other curious as to whether or not they'd be in the same cabin. "Cabin 3 will have Cody Brighton,Leslie Dawson-Casey, Tanner Marlo,Marlee Martinez-Sting,Annabella Roman, Parker Wilmington and Eilley Smith."
Race grimaced as she heard her real name be called. She didn't like her name it was too long and too similar to her sisters. She had four younger sisters and they all had A names. Her mother Sylvie Brett said that her and her father Sean Roman didn't even notice that they were naming all their daughters with A names until her third sister Alivia was born. Then when they noticed that all their daughters had A names they decided to continue on the streak when her fourth sister was born. Race constantly wished that her name was like Azalea's. Yes her name still started with an A but it was much shorter and much more unique. They all had such common names that were all slightly similar and all their names pretty common and slightly boring in her opinion. She was the oldest and her name was Annabella and she was twelve. Then it was the twins, Alys and Amelia and they were ten. Then her other two sisters were Alivia and Azalea. Livvy was 5 and Zae-Zae was 1. Three of them had nicknames that weren't A names since they all had such similar names. Amelia and Alys were the only ones without non A nicknames. After thinking about her name Race turned back towards aSuzanne and continued to listen to the rest of the names be called out. The rest of the names were Parker Wilmington and Eilley Smith.

After hearing Eilley's name, Cody saw Leslie roll her eyes out of the corner of her eye and heard her scoff. Cody raised her eyebrow. "What's wrong? Is there something wrong with Eilley?" Cody asked confused. "No no not Eilley I don't know her I think she's a first year. I was rolling my eyes at Parker. I was really hoping she didn't get placed in our cabin. She's such a jerk. She thinks she's all high and mighty because her dad is rich and she goes to a fancy private school in the city." Leslie said pursing her lips in annoyance. Cody's stomach immediately started to churn because she went to a private school and was worried that her newfound friends would stop liking her when they found out. "What's wrong with private school kids?" Cody asked. Leslie immediately got a worried look on her face and she put her hands over her mouth. "Oh my gosh you don't go to a private school do you? I'm sorry. I have nothing against private school kids Parker is just a jerk. Race goes to a private school and she's one of my best friends. I go to a private school too. Same school as Race" Leslie told her. Cody breathed a sigh of relief. "Okay cool good." Cody said to her smiling. "Yeah and she has her own check card but she's only allowed to use it for 'emergencies' " Leslie told her making quotation signs with her fingers. "Yeah fashion emergencies." Race said under her breath. "She's always bragging about her fancy shopping sprees and calling our clothes cheap. It's so annoying." Leslie said rolling her eyes. "So we all have to stick together!" Race said putting her fist up in the air. Leslie looked at her and laughed then they turned their attention back to Suzanne and listened to the rest of cabin assignments.