Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Everyone was sitting at the long,brown,oak tables in the dining hall of the camp when Leslie ran in her brothers trailing behind her. "Come on guys!" She yelled back to them. A counselor walked up to her with a registration sheet ready to take their names down. "Hi! I'm Leslie-Leslie Dawson-Casey! And these are my brothers Mason and Reilly! I'm so sorry we're late I'm never late it's kind of a point of pride with me but my alarm didn't go off this morning and then we got stuck in traffic." She told the camp counselor breathlessly. The camp counselor laughed. "It's okay don't worry about it you're barely late and there still are some people who haven't come yet. Just take a seat over there and the camp head will make a speech soon." The counselor said writing her name down and pointing to a table in the corner. Then she directed her brothers where to go. Leslie watched as her brothers made their to their own tables. Then, When Leslie saw them reach their tables she nodded her head and walked over to the table the counselor pointed to and sat down. One of the girls looked over at her and smiled. "Leslie! You're here!" Her best friend Race said reaching over the table to hug her." "Hey Race." Leslie said still smiling at her friend. "Everyone may I have your attention?" Race said loudly clapping her hands together. A few of the other girls looked towards Race. "This is my friend Leslie! I think we all should all introduce ourselves!" Race said to them. "I'm Cody Cody Brighton." One of the girls said sticking her hand out towards Leslie. "Nice to meet you!" Leslie said sticking out her hand for Cody to shake. Everyone else went around the table introducing themselves. Then Leslie turned back towards Race. "So is everyone else here yet? She asked. "Umm. Zoey's gonna be late because they were late leaving. Aunt April got all emotional about her going off to camp for the summer and Uncle Kelly had to calm her down." Leslie laughed. "Of course she did. What about your sisters?" She asked. "Alys and Amelia are annoying as always and they're over there." said pointing at her little sisters who were sitting in the corner of the room with the other ten year olds. "What about Mason and Reilly?" Race asked. Leslie pointed over to where her little brothers were sitting and Race nodded her head smiling and looking over at them. "Marlee and Day?" Race asked. "My mom said Aunt Trini is bringing them either later today or tomorrow cause Aunt Maryann had a work thing and she didn't want to miss them going off to camp." Leslie said. "Of course." Race laughed. "Her Aunt Maryann is a doctor at Chicago Med so she works a lot." Leslie said looking over at the other girls.

The head of the camp Suzanne Weston blew into a seashell. The chatter died down slowly and everyone turned their heads towards Suzanne. "Thank you. Welcome to Camp Castaway! We hope to bring you memories for years to come! This shell I have here is what people will blow whenever we need your attention. Can I have all you first years raise your hands?" A lot of hands from all around the room rose showing that they were first years. Leslie raised her eyebrows as only a few of the people who had just introduced themselves to her raised their hands. She immediately got nervous as she noticed she was the only one of the first years. "Okay thank you and now everyone who has been here for more than one year please raise your hand. All first years can put your hands down." All of the multiple years raised their hands. "Okay all of you multi years please help the first years you all remember what it was like to be a first year and how helpful the multi years were to you." All of the multi years nodded. Suzanne went through the rest of the routine introducing the camp counselors and the rest of the staff.