Chapter 2

It was early morning when Cale left the forest with the cats and an invisible dragon, Cale didn’t plan on meeting Basen in the inn since it would cause suspicion for Basen’s party.

In that same morning a bunch of knights barge in in the Inn that his brother was staying at, looking for thieves that broke in to the viscount’s villa, thus he decided to meet him in Puzzle City.

Cale rode the horse with ease while two cats was in front of him, when both cats asked him a question.

“Where are we going nya? “

“To Puzzle city”

He answered looking straight on the road being vigilant on any possible attack, He might be back on the peaceful days but, it did not change his habits on being vigilant.

Cale spent his life being vigilant in any time, location,  or event. He learned how to fight in a disadvantage battle, he learned how to cook and above all that he can also do it in the wilds, he learned to not trust easily even if both of you are close as family, he learned to not be deceive in any temptations or praises, he learned to survive and keep living even though its painful and lonely. Life taught him all of those, those lessons mold  him into what he is right now, and now he is given the chance to change all of those mistakes.

He won’t let this one chance that was given to him by his mother who sacrifice her life for this one chance.

I’ll make every chance count

He promised NO, he DECLARED to himself, making it his oath to his lovely mother, his eyes were determined burning with passion while scanning his surroundings.

This time he will protect his people and take his revenge for all of the misery that happened to his life.

He rode the horse slowly not to wake the kittens that was now sleeping exhausted from the long ride, He can already see the gates of the Puzzle city from afar.

When he was near he could see a lot of people who were in line for a checkpoint, when it was his turn he just showed his household plaque shocking the guard.

The guard was about to greet him as a noble but, when he lifted his head Cale signalled him not to and pretend like his just a normal traveller, the guard who understood the signs just nodded its head and let him pass.

For the guard it was strange seeing a noble ride a horse than being in a carriage, normally a noble would ride a carriage since riding a horse hurts their back thus choose the soft cushion of a chair.

The guard just let it be since its none of his business.

Well, nobles are weird people anyway’

The guard thought shrugging his shoulders.

Cale looked around remembering this place in a different light.

Puzzle City, screams, shouts and agonising cries. This place was the most horrible place he could remember, this place was infested with unbeatable monsters and arms army, those monsters were real devils that came out of hell no annihilate all man kind.

Those monsters killed billions of people along with arms army, those arm bastards kill people with no remorse, along with their leader who had a white mask that covers half of his face, that same man had the same hair and eyes just like him.

That man who was the head of all this hell only showed himself in the puzzle city, summoning those devils while he laugh like a lunatic.

Cale shook his head to wake himself from those horrible memories.

“Right, I won’t let them do whatever they want”

He then proceeds on looking for an inn and found the most acceptable inn (in his standards as a noble), the in was clean and passable for him to stay at.

“Welcome! How may I help you good sir? “

The inn keeper noticed a hooded man looking around her inn and welcomed him, The man had a look of a person who’ve come a long way, his cloak was dirty along with his boots he was also accompanied with two cute dirty kittens.

“Do you have any room for me to stay in? “

Audrey the inn keeper snap from her trance when the man spoke, now that the man was in front of her she can now see some of the man’s features.

The man’s face was beautiful with his russet eyes, there was a red strands sticking out of his hood even though its not noticeable.

‘If I was 15 years younger I would really date this kid’

She thought to herself.

“We have one room left but it’s quite pricey, all the other rooms are full since its a festival here, many stays in an inn so only the biggest and the pricey one is left, so would you take it young man?“

“Give me the room”

“Alright!, then that would be one gold per day”

What would you do now handsome young man’

Audrey thought that this kid can’t afforded the room but, she did not expect for the young man to throw 3 gold coins in the counter like its nothing.

“Where”

She look back between the man and the coins repeatedly then answered the young man.

“T-the top floor dear customer “

She stuttered not believing that, that same room is now occupied for a long time of being empty, the room was not that used since its to pricey to even a noble with a baron title, one gold coin can already give you much.

“The keys”

“Ah!, I apologise dear customer, here it is”

She handed the key and let the man leave.

“I hope you have a good stay here! “

She shouted, she just saw the man nodded his head and take his leave.

“Damn, and his rich too, haaa... If only I’m 15 years younger I would woo that man, tsk”

.

.

Cale stayed in the inn while waiting for his brother in the Puzzle city, Cale and the kittens went to town to do some shopping since the kids need to have some fun sometime.

He even found a very rare item from a weird old lady who sells old goods that doesn’t even look like it would sell.

That old lady just called him and promoted all of her goods but what caught his attention was that rusty bracelet with black gem.