Chapter 13. Messages are knives.

Start from the beginning

Maybe I'm scared they will find out my secret. I am scared, but is that a good excuse?

No, it's no excuse.

So why can't I still get close? I'm free from my parents, and don't have to worry about food anymore. I'm not getting beaten or used well for most part anyways, and when I do get beaten, it's because I worked myself too much.

There is no need for me to be so scared. So why?

I sighed.

I have to reply to Clara, I know her, and she always wants a reply back. Thats the first thing I should do, after that I can figure this out.

I clicked on her name and began typing.

"To Clara.

Hey, Clara Iruma here. I'm sorry I made you upset. I didn't mean to. I just like spending time with everyone, that also means you. And ofcourse we can still be friends! We are best friends, and no amount of fighting will ever change that.

And I'm doing a lot better today, thank you. And thank you for apologizing.

I hope to see you soon."

--Iruma

I then put away my phone next to me, on my desk. I could have just checked the time there. That reminds me, while I was looking for my clock, I had also spotted some fresh clothes. Opera probably put them down.

So hes the one who moved my clock.

I walked up to them, I hoped they were normal clothes, but ofcourse these clothes were my school clothes.

I never wore anything besides them anyways, exept for my night clothes.

I put them on, and went to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. After I was done, I walked to the living room.

I was feeling quite hungry and depressed. I really wanted to go to school. I want food too. So if I could atleast get rid of one of these feelings, this day would become a lot better.

When I arrived at the living room, I noticed that no one was there. I then searched around a bit, trying to find Opera. He wasn't there, so I decided to search for him.

I first went to the kitchen, taking a small peak inside. I then went over to the laundry room were everything was already washed and finally the living room again.

He was no where to be found. Was he going out shopping?

I felt misserable when I heard my tummy growl.

Nooo, I wanted to eat.

Depressed, I sat down on the couch and turned on the tv. I might aswell play some games before he comes back. I wont get rid of my hunger anytime soon, especially since I'm not actually allowed in the kitchen.

So I started playing, but after an hour of playing Opera was still no where to be found.

Where could he be? I can't stand this hunger. It's been so long since I've felt hungry. I forgot how it felt.

I was thinking about ways to get food when I thought of a very good idea. Maybe I could ask grandpa to make me something?

No, I shoulden't bother him. I really shouldn't.

I almost fell of the couch when I heard the door open. Is that Opera?

Oh, its Grandpa.

Wait.. the aura around him, its gone!

I shot up again when he suddenly started talking. "Oh, hello grandson, I didn't notice you there! I'm so glad that you are awake!"

"Y-yeah im glad to be awake too."