chapter one : airports suck

Airports suck.

On the list of my most hated places to go, it marked number two on on that list. Why? The enormousness amount of people, unsanitary-ness, and arrogant little kids. And, ah, yes, don't forget about the greasy, disgusting food. Which I happened to be currently eating. But a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

Gingerly throwing the partly eaten salad away, I chugged the rest of my water bottle to get rid of the oily taste and pulled out my phone. 3 AM. Boarding time was in ten minutes.

Biting my lip, I continued to stare at the time while blindly stuffing my empty water bottle into my bag. When would I get there? I needed to call up Sarah the moment I got there . . . And probably my other best friend, Lucas. I hadn't seen or spoken to him since last week, when we had gotten together to do a project . . . and then had gotten into a lovely fight. I made a mental note to apologize to him through Skype later.

After doing so, I decided to take a look at how long it would take. I was just that type of person. No I wasn't some clean freak or whatever; it was just nice to know this type of stuff.

Usually, after boarding, you'd wait around thirty minutes and it's lift off. The trip itself was, on average, twelve hours long. If they didn't have bad weather or any other obstacles, it should be a relatively fast flight for twelve hours. I hoped.

But at what time would I land? A groan escaped my lips as I neared my boarding gate. I'd probably be there around 4 PM Pacific Time, but in Japan time? I hadn't a clue.

Which lead me to a more important question: What if the manager didn't know what time to pick me up? A chill went up my spine at the idea being lost in a completely foreign country. Or maybe those airports would be full of strippers and prostitutes by then? What if maybe I got kidnapped late in the morning? Or . . . Or . . . Maybe, I should've checked that . . .

Shaking my head loose of the delusions, I set off into the long hallway with bleak eyes. This is was going to be a long and painful trip. Especially if my phone died.

Sticking my hand into the front outside pocket of my messenger bag, I thought to myself, Thank god I have my . . .

Frowning, I didn't stop walking, but I did open my bag and start rummaging around. As time passed, the rummaging became more desperate and my feet slowed until I came to a stop in front of the door to the plane. Basically sticking my head inside my bag, I checked the last pocket and closed my bag with another huge defeated sigh.

I hope Japan has chargers for American Apple products . . . *

.&.

I needed to strangle someone. Right there. Right then.

Unfortunately, I had been one of the poor souls with that annoying kid crying on her left, while another had a game of footsies with her fucking chair. I had been tempted to yell at the two brats if it hadn't been for their exhausted parents trying to do their best. Couldn't give them more stress than what they already had.

I rubbed my eyes and then looked around. It was slightly chilly and dark out. While it wasn't the snow season anymore, it was still cold enough to make me want to jump into a fire to warm up. Pulling out my phone, which had been turned off for the whole flight, I groaned when I saw the text from my new boss. The driver was going to be a tad bit late.

Nearing screaming with frustration, I let go of my suitcase, letting it fall backwards to the ground, and slid my hand through my hair. I was incredibly done with everything right then. No sleep, everyone being annoying, no charger, and now this?

So it wasn't no surprise when the driver came rolling in and I snapped, cursing the guy out in Korean* to his face.

Needless to say, it was rather enjoyable.

Until I noticed that I had an audience. Some hot blonde dude that was wearing sun glasses. Damnit.

Embarrassed, I got into the car apologizing to the driver, face on fire.

* - Each country has a different electricity plug thinge. So basically, different amounts of electricity can come out of these plugs and chargers and stuff. Look it up.

* - Remember, she's half Korean. She learned it while growing up. She only recently taught herself Japanese. (Two years.) BTW, she actually knows four languages. Well, two completely which are English and Korean. She knows most Japanese, and she knows a tad bit of another language she took for high school.

UGU. UGU. IDK IS IT JUST ME OR IT HARDER TO WROTE ON MOBILE THAN ON PC. Anyways, I'll be updating this once a week. I just uploaded this today, so you gusy wouldn't be stuck with just a prologue:)

dedicated to the darling lea ily

happy memorial day everyone; stay safe! 》

- rico