chapter three : fake

{ Quick Thank You Note : ;^; I want to thank everyone so far that have been encouraging me and stuff and saying this is a really original idea, because that really gets me motivated }

A blonde man sat in front of me, resting his chin on his folded hands. I stared at him in return. We had just gone over to regular 'Welcome to Ouran in the middle of the school year' conversation. Luckily, he hadn't pushed it when I had given a rather curt answer when he asked rather kindly why I was going here now. Lying was a strong suit of mine, but I had rather not use it, especially now.

Basically, the Chairman knew that I wasn't high class or particularly rich, but as far as things went, that was the only thing that he knew that others did not. Suspiciously, he didn't press on that matter. Most people would wonder how I could even pay for for an academy like this.

As time went on, it was becoming obvious that the chairman was becoming conflicted with something, although what, I couldn't really pinpoint. Finally he gave up and merely smiled; an obvious smile that told me that the welcoming party in the chairman's office was over. Whoop-dee-fucking doo. Time to release me to the wolves.

He stood up, blathering some 'welcome, once again' stuff and the like, while I simply grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder. I wasn't really interested in what he had to say. Pushing my chair in, I sent another glance around the room. It was the first and possibly last time I would ever be in here, so it'd be best to take note now. Smiling, I made my way to the door . . . until he stopped me.

"Oh by the way, please wear the uniform."

The underlying tone of threat in this statement was not overlooked.

A shiver ran down my spine; Suoh was somebody I didn't want to mess with. That much was obvious.

But that was just the start of it.

.&.

"Alright class, please welcome our American Transfer Student, Kim Ava."

Oh right. In Japanese, the last name always came first. It was the same thing for Korea, but it still made me cringe. My name just didn't sound right like that.

I walked in, a tiny smile on guarding my face. The moment I took a step inside that classroom though, I wish I hadn't. I honestly, truthfully wished I hadn't. They were all staring me down like a piece of meat. They were the wolves; I was the food. The prize.

That's when it hit me; I really was the prize. These were rich kids, whose parents or siblings headed big companies. While their family was off doing other things, it was the kids job to create alliances and stuff for their families at school. Befriend this one, befriend that one. Some of these relationships were fake. This wasn't a school.

And I was going to have to dodge through that as an American middle class person, who knew barely anything of economics and politics.

Ah fuck me.

I made my way to the front of the class, next to the teacher's desk, making sure my pleasant face was intact. As soon as I reached that point, several students spoke out in rough English where exactly was I from and such, making it obvious that they thought I knew nothing of Japan. That pissed me off.

But that's when it hit me; I still had some tricks up my sleeve. There was going to be a way around these sticky webs of theirs. These Japanese boys and girls . . . most of them hadn't dealt with many Americans before. Certainly never ones like me. This was my playing field right now. They were on shaky ground, whether they knew it or not. I could easily throw them off. And there was one certain card that'd be perfect to do just that.

Speaking in Japanese, while faking an accent, I replied, "Yes, I'm from the States, mainly from California. I've been living there my whole entire life. I've recently came here as a transfer to try something new and different. I can speak Japanese, obviously. Glad to meet you all."

There was silence in the room for a second. I did a victory dance inside my head. This was the result I wanted from that. Some were embarrassed for speaking in English, while others merely started to inspect me closer.

I quickly made my way to my new seat, which was next to a guy that looked a tad bit feminine and was right next to a window . . . Window . . . A cliche thing that was. Whatever.

When I had spoken, I hadn't added that accent for nothing. I did it for a purpose. Mainly to embarrass them, but also to show that you couldn't just mess with me and get away with it. Speaking English to me in a foreign country . . . no offense, but that was just embarrassing to me. I knew almost four languages. However, while it might not have been the best idea in order to stay undercover, it'd open up some much needed doors for me to take notes of their behavior.

Sending one last look around the room, while other people sent me glances themselves, I sighed. Someone save my poor innocent little soul.

It's a tad bit too late for that, don't you think?

Damn my dad and history for doing this to me. They talk too much about government. That and my pride.

That's when I felt someone drilling holes into me from some random direction with their eyes. Someone was staring at me. Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Maybe I had gained too much attention. I wanted to scream.

{ i actually had fun writing the second part of the chapter . . . it's so twisted, but so damn true. DON'T WORRY THOUGH, IT'LL LIGHTEN UP SOON.

and guys, yes she can fake an accent; how else do you think she got accepted into the company for voice actors. hey, it isn't perfect though, but it'll do it's job.

and btw, she learned a lot of this alliance stuff already, so it was easy for her to match it up, jeez. and she's really prideful . . . BUT THIS WASN'T THAT GOOD CIFNEIWE and pls excuse my language, but ye. }

{ asdfghjk }

- rico

dedicated to :: @twistypretzels bc I love her username and she gave me a really encouraging comment on the prologue and her comments on first chapter were amusing.

to be added later :: @_teenagers made me a lovely banner/is making me. :^)