𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨.

Start from the beginning

As the cab driver walks back towards Jay, he pulls him behind him and says, "Stay down"

Maxine points her gun towards Beckett and says, "Come on, get out of the car Beckett! Now!"

"Open the door slowly. Put your hands out of the vehicle" Erin yells. Beckett does as told and gets out of the cab. Then he turns around and smiles when he sees Voight.

🪩🪩🪩

Voight storms down the hall, rolling up his sleeves, ready to interrogate Beckett and asks Al, "He in there?"

"Yeah. Slow it down, Hank"

"What, are you kidding me? He came after my family, Alvin!"

"I know, I know" Al says, in a more calmer tone than Hank, "But the big eye is watching you on this one. So, anything goes sideways and it's over for you, alright?"

Hank takes a deep breath and they both walk into the room as everyone watches from the viewing room.

"A lot of people sit in that chair, thinking how unlucky they are to be here. I want you to know, if I had my way, you wouldn't have made it to the district" Hank says.

"You know what you did" Beckett says. Hank puts his thumb on the man's forehead and pushes down hard and says, "I put you away for murder, is what I did"

"And enjoyed my money in the process. I had 15 years to think about that"

"Police corruption. That's real original" Al says.

"What money?" Hank questions. Beckett looks between Hank and Al and says, "Oh, I see. One of you dirty Cicero cops took a million dollars of my money, but didn't cut the others in. Perfect. Greedy pigs backstabbing their own kind"

Erin and Maxine look at each other.

"So if it wasn't you.." Beckett says, looking at Hank then turns to Al and says, "It was you"

Atwater opens the door to interrogation and says, "We got a problem, Sarg"

Hank and Al walk out to see Beckett's lawyer in the hall who says, "I'm gonna assume your phones are down is why I wasn't notified immediately of my client's detention"

"He's under arrest" Al says.

"For what? Are you referring to, uh, involvement in a homicide and attempted homicide that occurred last night and this morning between the hours of 9 pm and 8 am? Because I'm sure that you would be interested to know that my client was at my office" then he opens his briefcase and shows them some papers, "with me and my associates, working all night on the lawsuit we are filing against the city. And the personal lawsuit against you, Sergeant Voight. Now, are you really sure you want to keep harassing him?"

Hank then walks away and Klamp says, "I assume we're free to go?" then he walks into interrogation.

~~~

"We got the, uh, sealed transcript from the grand jury trial on Beckett. There's an unidentified voice on the wire" Jay says, walking away from Ruzeks desk, "After the raid, this guys on the tap telling Beckett that guns, heroin, and 2 million dollars in cash were seized by the police"

Adam clears his throat and says, "which is, uh, where there's a discrepancy. Evidence tags from the raid show that there was 1 million seized."

"Looks like Beckett was right. There's a million dollars missing"

Hank looks at Al then walks into his office. A couple minutes later, Al leaves Hank's office and leaves the unit and the team just stands there in awkward silence.

🪩🪩🪩

Jay, Maxine, Adam, Antonio, Erin and Kevin are standing around the corner from Nathan Whitcomb's house with their long guns, when Hank walks over to them and says, "You sure about this?"

"Well, it's the only thing that makes sense" Al says.

"Alright, Nathan Whitcomb. Don't let the nice house fool you"

As the team approaches the house, Kevin yells, "Chicago PD!" then kicks the door in.

"Chicago PD! Put yours hands where we can see them!" Erin shouts.

"What the hell is this?" Whitcomb says, as Jay cuffs him. Hank walks over to him and says, "Your past catching up with you"

🪩🪩🪩

Voight and Olinsky follow Erin out onto the bullpen where Maxine was and mouse pulling something up onto the intelliboard.

"Bomb squad checked out Olinsky's car. There was a pipe bomb tied to the door lock." Maxine states, "Prints on the bomb are a match for the brothers that Roman and Burgess arrested today. Guess who they said hired them?"

🪩🪩🪩

After arresting Beckett and Whitcomb, Maxine grabs Mavericks hand, who helps her out of the car. "What are we doing back at this house, Mav?"

"Our house" he said, taking the keys from his pocket to show the detective. Maxine looked at the keys then up at her boyfriend, "what?"

"I bought it today. I could see it in your eyes how much you love this place"

"Mav, this is—"

Mavericks cups her cheek, "no, it's not too much. This is the start of our life together"

Maxine wraps her arms around the talls man's waist, "I love you, Maverick Connors"

"I love you too, Maxine Bishop"

Maxine pulls always from the hug and looks up at her favorite baby blues and takes his hand to put over her heart, "my heart belongs to you, Mav. I would do anything for you"

Maverick leans in for a kiss with the detective, "my heart belongs to you too, Maxine and trust me when I tell you that there is nothing I wouldn't do for you" then he grabs her hand, "now let's go check out our house"

authors note;

AHHHHHHHH😭😭😭❤️❤️