𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨.

Start from the beginning

"So I mentioned Nicole and apparently I never told Kim about her"

"Well Burgess is your third engagement. I'd be pissed too"

"Oh thanks. Very helpful"

"Well, A. I mean, come on. You know I'm here to help whenever you need it but this one's on you. Burgess is a great girl, so fix it" Maxine said before walking away.

🪩🪩🪩

"Show me a warrant" Klamp says, as he stands at his doorway at his office, "Oh, that's right. You don't have one. Because my client is protected"

Maxine shrugs and says, "We're all just friends here, looking for a lead on where to find our mutual friend, James Beckett. You know, phone number, forwarding address? Why's it gotta be so adversarial?"

Klamp scoffs and says, "You work at Hank Voight's district?"

"That's right" Jay says.

"That's why it's adversarial" Klamp says, then looks at his secretary, "Shelby, honey. I said no interruptions. That means, when my door is shut, it stays shut" then he walks into his office, shutting his door. Jay sighs, taking a 100 dollar bill out of his pocket and slides it over to Shelby, who smirks.

🪩🪩🪩

"Where we at?" Jay asks Mouse as they walk onto the unit.

"Hank!" Maxine calls out to their sergeant who's in his office.

"Yeah"

"I think we found a way to get to Beckett"

"Well, let's have it" Hank says, leaving his office.

"His lawyer's secretary gave us the phone number Beckett used to call the law office, after getting out" Jay explains.

"And we pinged the phone. It's gone dark" Max says, then goes to look over Mouse's shoulder.

"Alright, but we checked when and where the phone was purchased. It was bought in a convenience store on highway 94, along with four other drop phones. What are the odds that five phones would be purchased by different people in the same hour?"

"I pulled the serial numbers of all five phones" Mouse says, typing on his computer, "One of them is active right now. I got an address"

Maxine takes the tablet and they head out.

🪩🪩🪩

"This is the address" Maxine says through the walkie, as she, Erin and Jay pull up to the corner of a cafe along with Hank, Al and Antonio on the opposite street and Kevin and Adam opposite of them, covering all four streets of the intersection.

"That's him" Hank says, over his walkie as Beckett leaves the cafe, to get into a cab, "move in"

Max takes off and pulls up in front of the cab before it leaves and parks. Jay, Erin and Maxine get out with their long guns, followed by the rest of the team, as they block the cab in and Jay says, "Chicago PD. Show me your hands! Show me your hands!" and the cab driver does as told, "Step out of the car. Get out slowly. Turn around and walk back towards me"